Couldn't send the document by e-mail. Error [NetLib]:

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ulysses
User

Couldn't send the document by e-mail. Error [NetLib]:

Post by Ulysses »

Hi,

since upgrading to Windows 10, I get the following error message when trying to send a .pdf by email from PDF-XChange Viewer:

Code: Select all

Couldn't send the document by e-mail. 
Error [NetLib]: One or more unspecified errors occured

This only happens when Outlook 2010 is running, if I completely close Outlook then try to send by email I get the normal blank new email open up. When I click send it goes off and waits in the Outbox until Outlook is run.

I tried uninstalling PDF-XChange Viewer and reinstallng, but still happens, I then uninstalled and have downloaded the portable version (after reading about a 64bit issue here), but the error still persists.

I found an error log for the none portable version from a couple of days ago:

Code: Select all

Faulting application name: PDFXCview.exe, version: 2.5.315.0, time stamp: 0x55efbf99
Faulting module name: PDFXCview.exe, version: 2.5.315.0, time stamp: 0x55efbf99
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000036f247
Faulting process id: 0x1ad4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0efa607279398
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer\PDFXCview.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer\PDFXCview.exe
Report Id: 8f23dabd-6c41-40aa-b13d-c0e6d8c6d449
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Couldn't send the document by e-mail. Error [NetLib]:

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Ulysses,

Thanks for the post - could you please download and try the Editor, as the Viewer has been replaced by the Editor and very few, if any, further changes will be made to the Viewer moving forward:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE5.zip

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Ulysses
User

Post by Ulysses »

Hi,

OK I tried installing Editor instead, now getting a different error message though I expect related to the same thing:

Looking through the settings page I thought it might have been because the Outlook folder was wrong - \Mail Send\ didnt exist, I tried creating it but got the same error again.

Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Ulysses,

Thank you for the post.

After you click the mail icon, which option do you select? Is it "Send by Mail Client"?
Please try to set Outlook as your default mail client from Widnows -> Start -> Settings -> System -> Default apps (See the attached screenshot).
Just re-register Outlook as your default mail application and then try to mail a PDF with the Editor.

Regards,
Radi
Attachments
EMail.zip
(34.06 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Ulysses
User

Post by Ulysses »

Hi,
Have checked Outlook is default, both through Win10 Settings>System>Default apps and Control Panel>Default Programs>Set your default programs.

Now I have tested a bit more and this error only seems to occur when opening a .pdf in another program we use. So I've raised a support ticket with them.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Ulysses,

Could you please let us know if the file in question was opened in both products (The Editor and the other one) when the error occurred or was it opened in the Editor, which was started in the other software via e.g. a plug in?

Regards,
Radi
Ulysses
User

Post by Ulysses »

The program we use launches the default.pdf viewer to display reports.
The issue occurs with Adobe Acrobat, PDFX Viewer and PDFX Editor if launched by the program that we use, and only when Outlook is running.
Will let you know the outcome of their checks.
Ulysses
User

Post by Ulysses »

Out of interest, how do I change the default display width, with PDFXViewer when I clicked Fit Width it would always open new documents fitted to with. With PDFX Editor it always defaults to 1:1 when a new document is opened. I couldn't see a an option in the setting to set this.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Ulysses,
The program we use launches the default.pdf viewer to display reports.
The issue occurs with Adobe Acrobat, PDFX Viewer and PDFX Editor if launched by the program that we use, and only when Outlook is running.
Will let you know the outcome of their checks.
If this problem occurs with all three products, then the problem should indeed be with the third party software you are using. Please let us know what happens.
Out of interest, how do I change the default display width, with PDFXViewer when I clicked Fit Width it would always open new documents fitted to with. With PDFX Editor it always defaults to 1:1 when a new document is opened. I couldn't see a an option in the setting to set this.
Please open the Editor/Viewer and go to the main menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Page Display.
You can find the default page zoom options there (see the attached screenshots).

Please note that if the "Restore last used page layout and zoom" option is enabled - the default page zoom will work for files that have not been opened in the Editor/Viewer and once you change the zoom, layout etc. - it will restore it the next time you open this file.

Regards,
Radi
Attachments
Default Page Zoom.zip
(318.12 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Ulysses
User

Post by Ulysses »

Radi, thanks for the help!

The send .pdf by email issue is now resolved, they remote desktoped and played around with some things, outcome was they think that there were some incorrect permissions set during the Windows 10 upgrade. No idea why as we have two idential machines set up and only one has had any problems with the Windows 10 upgrade.

Thanks again for your help.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Ulysses,
Ulysses wrote:Radi, thanks for the help!
No problem at all.

I am glad to hear that the problem is solved.

Regards,
Radi