Trying to highlight text

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

prr
User

Trying to highlight text

Post by prr »

I'm trying to highlight text that I have just typewritten onto a PDF. I can use the typewriter icon and function, and insert text. But after highlighting what I have just inserted, I then click on the Text Highlight icon in the Tools menu, but nothing happens.

I tried using it on text that was originally in the document, and it worked fine. But I can't seem to type text onto a PDF, and get it to work. I even tried saving the file (including the text that I have inserted), and then trying to select the text and highlight it. But it still wouldn't work.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Windows 11
PDFX-Change Editor current
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Trying to highlight text

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi prr,

Thanks for the post - annotations, such as typewriter objects, cannot be highlighted in this manner. You would first need to flatten the comments (Comments --> Flatten Comments), then you should be able to highlight the text.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
prr
User

Post by prr »

Thanks anyways. That function is only available in the pro version.

I found a decent workaround--I right clicked on the typewriter icon and selected the palette, where after clicking on the style choice in the right pane, was able to increase the border width to 3, so my text is not highlighted, but it does have a bright red box around it.
Windows 11
PDFX-Change Editor current
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com