display the current page number?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tim126
User

display the current page number?

Post by tim126 »

My portable viewer doesn't show the current page number. See the redbox in the picture below, which is in the middle of the bottom.
When I click the place where it should have shown the current page number, I am directly to the first page, which is strange.
How can I show the current page number? i am running the current version of portable viewer under Ubuntu 12.04 via wine-1.6.1. Thanks.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: display the current page number?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the post - this works here for me, so please do double check that you are using 2.5 build 309 (Help --> About) and, if you are, please send the document to us to test here. If too large for the forums, please try sending to support@pdf-xchange.com.

Cheers.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
tim126
User

Post by tim126 »

Yes, my portable version is the latest one, as you specified. See picture below. I downloaded the portable version from https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downloa ... r_Port.zip

It doesn't show current page number, not just on the pdf file in the picture.
But also your viewer's manual pdf file https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downloa ... 52e2a8665d
See the picture below.

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Tim,

Thanks for the post - this works here for me, so please do double check that you are using 2.5 build 309 (Help --> About) and, if you are, please send the document to us to test here. If too large for the forums, please try sending to support@pdf-xchange.com.

Cheers.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Tim,

Thanks for those - from what I can see, the latest stable release of Wine is 1.6.2. Could you please try using this and see if that helps? Given that this is working correctly on Windows, natively, it seems that the issue may be related to running the Viewer through Wine on Ubuntu.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
tim126
User

Post by tim126 »

Thanks for those - from what I can see, the latest stable release of Wine is 1.6.2. Could you please try using this and see if that helps? Given that this is working correctly on Windows, natively, it seems that the issue may be related to running the Viewer through Wine on Ubuntu.

Cheers,
Thanks!
In Ubuntu, wine-1.6.2 isn't available as binary installation. Compiling its source is impossible given my limited space and it takes long. Any other solution?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Tim,

Ah - I wasn't aware of that. I'm not really a Wine/Linux guy so I'm doing my best to fill in for the guy that is. He's unavailable at the moment, but it may be best if I pass you along to him for further investigation, to see if there's any suggestions that he can make. I apologize for delaying, but hopefully you understand.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
tim126
User

Post by tim126 »

Ah - I wasn't aware of that. I'm not really a Wine/Linux guy so I'm doing my best to fill in for the guy that is. He's unavailable at the moment, but it may be best if I pass you along to him for further investigation, to see if there's any suggestions that he can make. I apologize for delaying, but hopefully you understand.

Cheers,
One more related issue. The "Enter text to find" box in the tool bar is also non-enterable. I found the two problems are similar.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Tim,

Yes most likely both are related, but if you have the chance to compile the latest Wine and test with it - that would be great!

Regards,
Stefan
tim126
User

Post by tim126 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hi Tim,

Yes most likely both are related, but if you have the chance to compile the latest Wine and test with it - that would be great!

Regards,
Stefan
I tried to compile wine 1.6.2 from source, but my space is too limited for that.
Any solution with wine 1.6.1?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Sorry Tim,

But I can not think of any such solution :(

Regards,
Stefan
tim126
User

Post by tim126 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Sorry Tim,

But I can not think of any such solution :(

Regards,
Stefan
Has anyone test that it works under wine 1.6.2?
Since its binary installation isn't available to my OS, I tried to compile it yesterday, too long and taking up all the space of my root directory, so I had to give it up.

If someone can testify it works, i will try to look for some external storage to do the compilation.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Tim,

As with Stefan, I'm also not familiar with the issue or any potential solutions for this with Linux. Our Linux guy is still tied up at the moment and isn't able to take a look at this for the next few days. I will see if we can get him to look at this as soon as is possible, but please do be aware that any issues related to use of our software on Linux, through the use of Wine, will be looked at and resolved as and where we can, but they are pushed to a far lower priority than those of support Windows OS's, as we don't technically support Linux.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but we appreciate your understanding.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
tim126
User

Post by tim126 »

Stefan and Will,

I managed to install wine 1.6.2 by compiling from its source. The problems of non-fillable blanks for "current page number" and "find" remain.

I also tried wine 1.7, the current beta version. The problems of non-fillable blanks for "current page number" and "find" remain.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Tim,

whilst we do what we can for non Windows users using an emulator of some kind - please understand - this is a Windows application and we do not guarantee any function, feature or property in any other environment and our development and support are geared and focused on Windows and Windows users.

Therefore functionality that works in Windows or is Windows specific may well be problematic for other users and is deemed a low priority I am afraid - that is just a fact and will not change - so whilst we will try and help, please understand it cannot be a priority as our experience is predominantly Windows and we cannot devote resources elsewhere at this time.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
tim126
User

Post by tim126 »

John - Tracker Supp wrote:Tim,

whilst we do what we can for non Windows users using an emulator of some kind - please understand - this is a Windows application and we do not guarantee any function, feature or property in any other environment and our development and support are geared and focused on Windows and Windows users.

Therefore functionality that works in Windows or is Windows specific may well be problematic for other users and is deemed a low priority I am afraid - that is just a fact and will not change - so whilst we will try and help, please understand it cannot be a priority as our experience is predominantly Windows and we cannot devote resources elsewhere at this time.
Just found that in the editor, the input boxes for current page number and for find are both fillable, while in the viewer, they are not. both are run under the most recent wine 1.7. Wonder if you could make the viewer works just like the editor? Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Tim,

The Viewer is the older product and the Editor it's successor, so the Viewer is really not actively worked on any more. In fact almost all work on it has stopped, so it's unlikely that a wine specific fix will be done for it. Please consider switching to the Editor.

Regards,
Stefan