Problem with New Documents

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hmw
User

Problem with New Documents

Post by hmw »

I have PDF-XChange Viewer PRO on 3 computers:
#1. Ver. 2.5.212.0 on Windows XP Pro SP3 (32 bit).
#2. Ver. 2.5.199.0 on Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64 bit), on a laptop.
#3. Ver. 2.5.214.2 on Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64 bit), on a desktop. PDF-XChange was installed on this computer a couple of months ago. [Note: my Help->About says 2.5.214.2 was released Feb. 17, 2014, whereas the website version history chart says it was released May 12, 2014.]

Everything works fine, except for File->New Documents on #3. No matter which type of document I select (blank, text, RTF, image or scanner), when I do a Save or Save As, PDF-XChange places two 'Click to Buy Now' emblems on the top of the saved document (see the red arrows on the attachment). However, If I open Windows Explorer, and double click on a .pdf file there to open it in PDF-XChange, then the Save As works just like it should.

Has anyone seen this problem? Could it be a bug in Ver. 2.5.214.2? I checked the version history on the website, but nothing newer addressed fixing this problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Harry
Attachments
PDFScannerProblem1.pdf
(26.25 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Problem with New Documents

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the post - could you please send your license key, with a link back to this topic, to support@pdf-xchange.com. Please do not post your serial key on the forums or we will be forced to deactivate it.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com