Saving file issue

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

sinecure
User

Saving file issue

Post by sinecure »

I have a new problem and maybe it is just me but...
Several files I have downloaded from the web lately will not save at all EXCEPT they are saved in the temp place. I go to Save as and I get a message that I do not have permission to Save where I asked but it offers to save it in the local disk folder M which is where I was going to save it in the first place - click 'Yes" and get the same popup. Drive M is my main data file and it will never save.
I have to go that long route to the temp file and copy it there and paste it where I want - yes, on my M drive.
Here is one link that produces such a file that opened fine in the viewer but no save ability.
http://www.coastalferriesengagement.ca/ ... 000138.pdf

Sure wish we could get back to old file saving way as promised in a few postings on this forum.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Saving file issue

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi sinecure,

Thanks for the post - could you please try doing this from another browser plugin, such as the Editor and let me know whether or not that application is able to save correctly?
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE3.zip

Also, could you try saving from another internet browser?

Lastly, could you please tell us your OS and architecture (i.e. Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit, Service Pack 1), as well as what browser and version of that browser that you are using?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
sinecure
User

Post by sinecure »

Tried from the Editor and worked fine. Also from Google Chrome and Firefox but in those no toolbar - but right clicked to Save As. Tried IE again and no go.

I am using Win 7 - 64 bit - IE10.0.9200 All updates on all included service packs, etc.

BUT - as an experiment I went into my start menu and selected the viewer and clicked it - it asked the usual question about default - yes - and the viewer opened looking different than before - small Tracker icons in the Tracker toolbar vs nice large ones before. Now the Save As worked and more. Where did the corrupt version come?
And while I am at it - isn't the end of the world but anyway to restore the larger icons - old eye sight. They were kind of neat.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi sinecure,

Thanks for the info. - could you go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Security in IE and make sure that Protected mode is switched off? It may be that this is the cause, as I'm not experiencing the same issue with IE.

If not, let me know know. Please be aware though, that the Viewer has been replaced by the Editor and we support the Viewer only minimalistcly (critical bus/security issues only), so if this is working in the Editor, then it may be that the Dev. Team feel that fixing the Viewer wouldn't make sense.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
sinecure
User

Post by sinecure »

That might have been it as I had to reload IE a few days ago and maybe it defaulted(sic)

I am happy to use Editor as the default pdf reader and so on BUT someone should tell users. When installing it installs the Viewer and the natural inclination is to use it - the name says so.

Anyway I am OK now so thanks for all the help and time.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)