Box around comments that I have edited

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

prr
User

Box around comments that I have edited

Post by prr »

I just noticed in a page that I edited, that after changing some text, that a box was placed around all the text that was edited. Text that was not changed, or comments that were outright deleted, did not have a box showing.

How can I get rid of this box? I looked in the preferences but didn't see any way to do this.
Windows 11
PDFX-Change Editor current
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Box around comments that I have edited

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello prr,

Can you please attach a sample PDF illustrating this behaviour or if the file is sensitive - send it to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this forum topic and we will take a look at that for you.

Regards,
Stefan
prr
User

Post by prr »

I have sent an attachment to the email address that you gave me, just now.

Thanks.
Windows 11
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the sample. It appears that after editing a typewriter object our Editor shows it's border (which is reported as 1pt wide in the object's preferences), so I will ask our devs to check that. In the mean time if you manually change the border back to 0pt width the border should disappear.

Regards,
Stefan
prr
User

Post by prr »

Correct, changing the border width to 0 makes it disappear. This is fine for me. Thanks.

This brings up another question, however. Is there a way to make the border 0 globally, as the default border width? If not for this doc (that's ok, I already submitted it), then for future docs?

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hi Paul,

Thanks for the sample. It appears that after editing a typewriter object our Editor shows it's border (which is reported as 1pt wide in the object's preferences), so I will ask our devs to check that. In the mean time if you manually change the border back to 0pt width the border should disappear.

Regards,
Stefan
Windows 11
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Paul,

Not yet - setting defaults for particular tool/object is planned for the next build of the Editor.

Regards,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Each annotation in PDF has properties like text, border width, fill color, etc. and the appearance of an annotation is built based on these properties.
The already-built appearance is then stored in the PDF file and shown when the PDF if viewed/printed. If appearance is absent in the PDF or when the properties of the annotation are changed, the application rebuilds the appearance of the annotation.
In the PDF you provide, the PDF already contains appearances for the annotation, but these appearances are not built-in in accordance with the properties of the annotations - the annotation border is specified but existing appearances do not have it. So when you edited the annotation (i.e. changed its property), appearance were recreated and you got the border.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.