Suggestion for "Insert Empty Pages"

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ludwig
User

Suggestion for "Insert Empty Pages"

Post by Ludwig »

Hi there,

At the moment there are two options when inserting an empty page: 1) Standard (usually A4 in my case) or 2) Custom. I would like to suggest a third option, namely to apply the measurement of the given pdf-document an empty page is about to be added to. Very often it is not exactly an A4 page as different publishers have different page-sizes.
Do you think this is possible?

Best regards
Ludwig
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for "Insert Empty Pages"

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Ludwig,

Thanks for your post and suggestions, and while it's true that most PDF documents have all the pages inside with the same size - this is not a hard restriction and a PDF document can have pages with various sizes - so in this case selecting such a "third option" would be hard to determine, and you would have to revert to the "custom" option again - so in our point of view - a list of standard presents + the custom option is sufficient.

Regards,
Stefan
Ludwig
User

Post by Ludwig »

Hi Stefan,

in this case I would like to suggest the feature to look the size of the current page up - just to get the data for the custom option.

By the way, I don't see the problem that a document may consist of pages with different sizes. In my suggested third option different sizes could be listed (maybe with a page number in brackets behind) and the favourite size could be chosen by the user then.

Best regards
Ludwig
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Ludwig,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will see to get it to a preliminary assessment - but as the two other options already there cover the standard page sizes + allow for custom - I am still not sure this will get approved.

Regards,
Stefan
Ludwig
User

Post by Ludwig »

Hi Stefan,

thanks for this. The most important thing for me is just to get the measurement of a certain page. Because otherwise the custom option is not helpful when I don't know what size numbers I should put in the custom fields.

Regards
Ludwig
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Ludwig,

You should be able to see the page's dimensions in the lower left corner of the main Viewer window in the units you've chosen (e.g. inches/cm).

Regards,
Stefan
Ludwig
User

Post by Ludwig »

Oh yes, indeed! I must have been blind. Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)