PDF Portfolio

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BarryH
User

PDF Portfolio

Post by BarryH »

Hi,

I've just been sent a PDF which when I open it I get a 'splash screen' that says:

"For the best experience, open this PDF portfolio in Acrobat X or Adobe Reader X, or later."

It seems that the PDF consists of file attachments that I can view individually. I've not come across this before, is PDF-Xchange Viewer going to be able to support this format in future?
Best regards
Barry
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF Portfolio

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Barry,

Portfolios are a collection of files attached to the main document, this might be a file itself, or just a "welcome screen". For now the Viewer doesn't support those welcome screens, but still all the attachments can be opened and Viewer without any issues:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase/243

We have plans to support those welcome screens in the Editor in the future.

Best,
Stefan
BarryH
User

Post by BarryH »

Thanks Stefan, do the 'attachments' form part of the body of the file or are they in a different location? I assume that they are all part of the same file in which case I suppose it's a neat way of organising different sections?
Best regards
Barry
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Barry,

It's all together in the same file, but it's a bit like an archive - you can browse the list of attachments, and if needed - extract one of them as a separate file as well.

Best,
Stefan