Page Layout suggestion

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ZoNi
User

Page Layout suggestion

Post by ZoNi »

I like, sometimes, to use FACING page layout.

In such cases, almost always, I would prefer "Show cover page in facing mode" is enabled. Is there a way to do that? I hate each time to go through View menu, just to enable that option.

I would like that there is, in settings, possibility to check something like: "
Show cover page in facing mode ALWAYS when Facing mode is active"
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Page Layout suggestion

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi ZoNi,

No I am afraid that there's no such an option, and I don't see this as being added - as even if 95% of the files you get need a cover page in facing mode - there would be the odd file that will not need it - and in that case you will still need to go through menus to turn it on/off.
What I could recommend you is to set up a custom shortcut key for toggling the cover page in facing mode - this should speed up your workflow a bit.

Best,
Stefan
ZoNi
User

Post by ZoNi »

I would like once again to ask for this *option*! I think it would be very useful to many who read PDFs as page-by-page layout...

Regarding "custom shortcut key" --- I haven't found the way how to do that :(
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello ZoNi,

Actually in the PDF-X Editor you can now set up the default way in which documents are opened to be facing mode with a cover page as in the attached image.

As for settings custom shortcut keys - check this KB article:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase/146

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
Untitled.zip
(208.65 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
ZoNi
User

Post by ZoNi »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:1. Actually in the PDF-X Editor you can now set up the default way

2. As for settings custom shortcut keys - check this KB article:
1. Nice, I am happy you like my idea, but I thought you maybe can add same option to PDFXChange Viewer ;)

2. Yes, I knew it is there, but when I tried to find that command, I missed it somehow :) Now I have found it, finally :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi ZoNi,

It's unlikely that any new features would be added to the Viewer, and any changes to the Viewer from here on until the Editor is 100% complete are going to be bug fixes only.

Regards,
Stefan