Win8 Pro 64bit - paste not working

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

capn_buzzcut
User

Win8 Pro 64bit - paste not working

Post by capn_buzzcut »

Windows 8 Pro 64bit - PDF XChange Viewer version 2.5 (Build 209.0)

Using the snapshot tool seems to work, but paste is unavailable within PDFX. Ctrl-V doesn't do anything either. Can paste snapshot into another application though. Selecting a comment, then copy, paste is unavailable, but holding down Ctrl and click-dragging does copy comment. Copy from another application, paste is still unavailable in PDFX.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Win8 Pro 64bit - paste not working

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi capn_buzzcut,

Thanks for the post - is this specific to one document? Would it be possible to get a copy of the document/ a document that displays this behaviour (please packag in a .zip for upload), I'd like to take a look and test my end, if possible?

Cheers,
Will
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
capn_buzzcut
User

Post by capn_buzzcut »

Very strange - today everything seems to be working normally. Yesterday nothing - even a blank document created with PDFX would not paste anything, even comments created and copied right there. Today everything works. Of course, this just seems to go right along with every other generally flakey aspect of this brand new computer, but I digress...

Sorry for the false alarm, it's apparently an OS or hardware issue I guess. I thought I ruled that out yesterday when I successfully copied something with PDFX snapshot tool, then pasted it into Excel, but it wouldn't paste in PDFX. Weird.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi capn_buzzcut,

Thanks for keeping me posted - the fact that it is working now doesn't necessarily mean that it's an OS/Hardware issue; it could be any multitude of things.

For now though, it's working and "if it aint broke, don't fix it" ! ;)

If it starts again, though, definitely get back to us and let us know!

Cheers,
Will
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
justposted
User

Post by justposted »

This happens to me periodically as well (Win 7/64). Restarting PDFX always makes it work again in my case.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello justposted,

Have you made sure you are using the latest build (2.5.210) of our Viewer?

Cheers,
Stefan