PDF xChange Viewer Printing issues

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

geeffland
User

PDF xChange Viewer Printing issues

Post by geeffland »

I am currently using Version 2.5 (Build 204.0) Pro. This behavior has been seen in previous versions as well. On previous cases it had proprietary information so I could not send in a sample.

Basically this PDF looks fine in both PDF xChange Viewer and Adobe Reader. However when printing (in this case Xerox 7530 PS, possibly other printers as well) the PDF xChange version has areas blacked out on the print, while the Adobe print looks fine.

I have uploaded 2 PDF files... one marked original is the file that prints incorrectly in PDF xChange, the second is a PDF scan of the printout from the same printer using both PDF xChange and Adobe Reader X (10.1.5).

If you need the print driver it can be downloaded from Xerox. It is Driver Version 5.196.11.ON 2011.06.16 for a Xerox 7530 using postscript.

Thanks,
Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF xChange Viewer Printing issues

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your post and samples. We are aware that our Viewer has issues with some PS printers, and are workingon rewriting our printing engine from scratch for the March release of the PDF-X Editor. Until then please use the "Print as images" option in our Viewer and your files should print properly on paper.

Best,
Stefan