PDF-XChange Editor Version 3.0 Second Beta coming soon?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gate1975mlm
User

PDF-XChange Editor Version 3.0 Second Beta coming soon?

Post by gate1975mlm »

When will the second PDF-XChange Editor 3.0 beta be released?

Looking forward to seeing a much improved version :)

Thanks
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Editor Version 3.0 Second Beta coming soon?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi gate1975mlm,

Thanks for the post - as we draw closer to the final release date, the Developers are unsure as to whether or not a second Beta will be released, due to that fact that to release it would force the final release dates to be pushed back yet further. Although this means that it's unlikely a second beta will be released, I'm pleased to be able to say that, in late March, the final release will be available anyway, so we should have no need for a second beta :)

Hope that helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi gate1975mlm,

Thanks for the post - as we draw closer to the final release date, the Developers are unsure as to whether or not a second Beta will be released, due to that fact that to release it would force the final release dates to be pushed back yet further. Although this means that it's unlikely a second beta will be released, I'm pleased to be able to say that, in late March, the final release will be available anyway, so we should have no need for a second beta :)

Hope that helps!

Sounds good :)

I just I hope all the features I've come to love about the PDF-XChange 2.5 will be in the final 3.0 Gold Release.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi gate1975mlm,

Everything from 2.5 will be in 3.0 :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Filip013
User

Post by Filip013 »

Well, I guess you know best. But the last beta had a few bugs and many features missing so I can't tell if there are more bugs in them. I think it might be a better idea to release another beta to make sure you stamp out any embarrassing bugs before a final release. In any case, I'm looking forward to the final release.
justposted
User

Post by justposted »

Got to say that I agree with Filip. After all this time, surely a beta test release is nigh on essential? First reviews/impressions will be based on the Gold release, so with so many changes from the previous release it seems highly likely to have a few bugs that we, the community, could help you squash before release.

Of course I also just want to play with it sooner.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Guys,

While that does make sense on one hand, so does does sticking to the release date and releasing a fully featured Version, rather than something only partially featured. I for sure see both sides here, so I'll pass your comments on to those who need to see them, but I can't make any promises as to whether a second Beta/Candidate will be released, and ultimately, the decision falls to the Developers.

Thanks for the input, it's always greatly appreciated! :)
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)