some images can't be viewed

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

anteelsayed
User

some images can't be viewed

Post by anteelsayed »

hello,
i recently performed an ocr on one of my files using abbyys finereader, the problem is that most images cant be viewed using xchange pdf,but can be by other pdf readers !
can you plz tell me what to do because i like browsing pdfs using xchange pdf capabilities

i attached the first page of my pdf

thanks,
Attachments
Pages from [spiceal surgy p 2_001_opt].pdf
(153.9 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: some images can't be viewed

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello anteelsayed,

And welcome to our forums!
I can confirm the same problem here at my end, so I will pass this for further investigation, but in the mean time why don't you try the free OCR tool we have in our own Viewer?

Best,
Stefan
anteelsayed
User

Post by anteelsayed »

hello Stefan ,

thanks for your quick response ,and i really hope to find a solution asap ,
to be truthful with you,i never imagined that your small-sized free ocr would have a chance against the 700mb-sized finereader or readiris which i usually use especially for the reason that most of my files are low in resolution and letters are very irregular

but let me tell you this, i was SHOCKED today when i first tried it, high accuracy wasn't useful in this particular file ,but low one was amazing , from now on i will use your ocr,that i can guarantee ,meanwhile i hope you guys are thinking about making a separate ocr reader ,this would be even more awesome.

waiting for a solution though,
greetings from Egypt :)
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the kind words anteelsayed, we do our best and it is always nice to be appreciated!

The development team are under a great deal of pressure right now finalizing the PDF-Xchange Editor (AKA V3 of the Viewer) and as such I'm afraid that non-critical support issues have had to take a back row seat, so to speak. The issue is on the list of things to investigate and I'm sure that this will happen as time allows. i would ask your patience while we look into this.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
anteelsayed
User

Post by anteelsayed »

best wishes
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello anteelsayed,

I would recommend you to use the "medium" accuracy setting instead of low it should produce quite sufficient results as well.

Best,
Stefan
Katya - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Katya - Tracker Supp »

Hello anteelsayed,

We created a support request Ticket #1765 in our internal system, so we can follow this issue.
As soon as we have some results we let you know,

Thanks
Katya - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Katya - Tracker Supp »

... and the issue is already resolved - fix will be available in the next build (209)

Best regards