version 3 menu/tool bars

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

parkc23
User

version 3 menu/tool bars

Post by parkc23 »

In the version 3, the menu bar and tool bars seem to take a relatively large space on my small laptop screen. I am aware that they can be shrunken with the small triangle buttons, but it doesn't completely hide them. Is there a way to completely hide them as in version 2.5, so I can use the most of my screen? Thanks.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: version 3 menu/tool bars

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi parkc23,

while I would have to get confirmation of this I do believe that in it's final release it will allow customization like V2.5 does which would include the ability to completely hide tool-bars.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
benradu
User

Post by benradu »

I have noticed the same / related problem with large tool bars/buttons that take too much space.
I see two problems here: one is the icon size and the other excessive border space around everything - icons, buttons, lists. This significantly reduces (in my opinion) the remaining screen area for the page itself.
There may be people with very large display resolutions but even on a 1280x1024 there is little left for the page itself if you have the search pane and the bookmarks pane on.
Please consider an option to at least customize those thinks (icon size, border size)
Thank you!
BR
PS. On a second thought I realize that this change may be touch / Windows 8 friendly. That's fine, but please give us the option to have a touch friendly interface or a display area optimized interface like v2.5 is.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, parkc23, benradu.

In the near future we are planning to allow you the full customization of toolbars and menu.

You will be able to remove/hide unnecessary items and toolbars, like in v2.5. Also we will provide some 'optional' preset configuration toolbars: "For Viewing", "For Editing" etc.

Your patience is appreciated ...

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
justposted
User

Post by justposted »

I wonder if this is an optical illusion, at least to some extent. When I put Viewer and Editor side by side, the bottom of the first toolbar is almost exactly the same on both. With a 2nd row of toolbars, there is a small difference (maybe 2mm on my 23" 1920x1080 screen). Seems to me that although the toolbars are slightly bigger, the menu bar is smaller.

By the way, have you noticed (as I just have) the tiny arrows to the far right of each toolbar? Lets you squish each one, or all at once. Very nice touch.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

As Vasyl designed the UI you are now using - I have no doubt he not only noticed the arrows you mention - but actually put them there .... :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
justposted
User

Post by justposted »

LOL Yes I'm sure he is aware of them. I was directing my comment at the OP.

Nice arrows, Vasyl :D
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)