Print all open documents

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

dbytes
User

Print all open documents

Post by dbytes » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:38 am

Is there a way to print all currently open documents? I'm not seeing an option to do this and it would come in handy for times that I open multiple PDFs from emails and print them.

Also, is there a way to quick print to the default printer without the print dialog box?

Both of these would be great additions to future upgrades.

Thanks,

JJ

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Print all open documents

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:43 am

Hi dbytes,

welcome to the forum and thanks for the post.
Is there a way to print all currently open documents?
Not in the current Viewer, though it is coming in V3 - after the initial Gold release I believe. For now you can select multiple files in Windows Explorer and Print from a right mouse click, that will silently call the default Viewer and send the print jobs to your printer. This works with the current PDF-XChange Viewer installed.
Also, is there a way to quick print to the default printer without the print dialog box?
No I'm afraid not. It will always call the Print Dialogue. I believe this is by design, so I've added it to the wish list just in case it is something that can be added as an option one day.

hth

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Print all open documents

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:26 pm

There is a way to print all opened documents. You have to use JavaScript to do this (open JS console using Ctrl+J shortcut, paste the following code into console, and run it):

Code: Select all

var ad = app.activeDocs;
for (var i = 0; i < ad.length; i++)
{
  var pp = ad[i].getPrintParams();
  // uncomment the next line to print without dialog for each document
  // pp.interactive = pp.constants.interactionLevel.silent;
  ad[i].print(pp);
}
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.