PDF files not opening at all in PDF-XChange

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MarshallAbrams
User

PDF files not opening at all in PDF-XChange

Post by MarshallAbrams »

Most of the time when I click on a PDF file in Windows Explorer or Firefox, the file opens in PDF-XChange Viewer. I have unchecked the option to display in browser under the File Association Preference. But sometimes nothing happens when I click; the file does not open. When that happens for local files, I can open them from within PDF-XChange; I can also right click on the file and open it with Acrobat. For PDFs on the web, I have to switch to IE. IE opens the file within the browser using something other than PDF-XChange.
What's wrong and how do I fix it?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF files not opening at all in PDF-XChange

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Marshall,

It might be that the webserver where the file in question is not responding or sending information for download, or it could be that the file is corrupted (but then you should at least see an error message).

As for the IE issue - you might need to check it's own settings and tell it that you want it to just download PDFs and then open them with the system default Viewer. (You might need to disable any PDF related add-ons in IE.)

Regards,
Stefan