Window - Tile ... documents

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PeterPan
User

Window - Tile ... documents

Post by PeterPan »

Hi there,
I often use the feature to split the pdf viewer in halves, so I can read two pdf files at the same time. Most of the time I have exercises and solutions from my university as these two pdf files. But sometimes I want to change the arrangement, that the solution is one the right side and the exercise is on the left side. But it's a bit complicated to change the order of the documents and try to reorder them by myself, because when I use the command "tile vertically" sometimes the documents are at the same place as before. It's a bit complicated to explan, so I made three pictures.

Before picture: I open these two documents and sometimes they are ordered likes this, after using tile vertically.
Middle picture: So I try to reorder them on my own, so maybe the viewer knows that I want them the otherway round
After picture: In the best case it looks like this, in worst case it looks like the "before picture"

A lot of text but actually I have only one question. Is it possible to change the order of the documents with the program itself, so they perfectly fit in the viewer? Or if there is no such command, I think it would be a great feature (request), because it is a bit frustrating to order them by myself and it is changed by the program :D

Sincerely,
PeterPan
Attachments
pdf.7z
(809.41 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Window - Tile ... documents

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello PeterPan,

With V3 of the Viewer it would be much easier to tile/split the view, but for now it appears like the last opened document is placed on the left, and the earlier opened one is placed on the right. So you will need to close both files and then open them in the proper order to make the Viewer tile them correctly and leave no gaps in the main Viewer window.

Best,
Stefan
PeterPan
User

Post by PeterPan »

Great to hear, that this will be much improved in version 3 of the viewer and thanks for the explanation.
I'll be glad when the feature is in the beta version!

Sincerely,
PeterPan

PS: In the pinned thread I saw, that you may need additional translators, so if you need somebody for german language, you can email me. :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Many thanks for your offer to translate the Editor PeterPan!

We will have that in mind when the translation tools are available.

And you can even now Drag a tab from the current beta - and have it open in a new "instance" of the Viewer - so you can then arrange them as you like - still not the automatic tiling that you are after - but if you are e.g. reading those on two separate screen - you can now minimize/maximize the two windows separately.

Best,
Stefan
PeterPan
User

Post by PeterPan »

Thats a good idea. I think I will try and then decide what I like most. :)

Sincerely,
PeterPan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)