PDF from the web

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Rekusu
User

PDF from the web

Post by Rekusu »

Hi there,

I have PDF XChange Viewer and with the reg number, don't get the water mark. But when opening a pdf from a web site, it opens in the browser with a Demo Version, Docu Track watermark across it.

My previous version of PDF XChange Free always opened a web pdf in the program, not the browser. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Rekusu
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF from the web

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Rekusu,

This happens when the plug-in mismatches in build number/version with the other Viewer files. This happens if the plug-in was locket by your browser and our installer could not update it.

Please simply download our latest viewer from here:
www.tracker-software.com/PDFXVwer.zip
Close your browser and install the Viewer once again (you can install over the existing installation) - and this should update the plug-in file as well and make the "Demo Version" texts disappear.

Best,
Stefan
Rekusu
User

Post by Rekusu »

Thanks very much, that worked a treat.

Now for the next minor issue. In the past, when I clicked on a pdf file on the web, it opened in PDF XChange Viewer. Now, it opens in the browser. Sometimes, I like / want to save the pdf, but as a web page, it is not so easy. How do I make a pdf open in PDF XChange Viewer? I have changed the file association but that does not make any difference.

Thanks

Rekusu
Nico - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Nico - Tracker Supp »

Hi Rekusu,

Thank you for your post.
To open the pdf document with PDF-XChange Viewer, go to the Options menu of your browser and disable the PDF-XChange Viewer plugin.
For example, for Firefox: Go to Addons->plugins and click on Disable for PDF-XChange Viewer plugin.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Rekusu
User

Post by Rekusu »

Thanks again for your reply. I don't actually have a Firefox Add-on for PDFXCV. Only set in Tools/Options/File Types.

What was happening is this. If I Google a topic, sometimes the search page reveals pdf files in the list. Clicking one, and it would open in PDFXCV. But another site that I use, hyperlinks to odf documents, but they are not listed as pdf files on the actual web page (is this clear?) Clicking a link and the file would open in FF, with, until you previous advice, the Docu-Track watermark.

I have now upgrade PDFXCV (as you suggested) and this morning, upon rebooting, checked out my above mentioned links page, and it seems to be opening correctly now.

Rex
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Rex,

Glad to hear that after a reboot everything is working as it should!

Cheers,
Stefan
mmoni
User

Post by mmoni »

Hello,

I have the same problem as Rekusu. I downloaded the latest installer again, closed down my browser (Waterfox 15.0), uninstalled PDF viewer and installed it again. Unfortunately the problem persists - pdfs in the browser are displayed with the watermark "demo version". Also the PDF Viewer toolbar does not appear in the browser window. I'd appreciate your help.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello mmoni,

Is Waterfox a derivative of FireFox? If so - can you please check it's Plug-ins folder and see if there's a npPDFXCviewNPPlugin file in there - and if it's the same size and version as the one in C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer\ ?

Best,
Stefan
mmoni
User

Post by mmoni »

Yes, Waterfox is 64-bit version of Firefox.

The version in the folder C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer is 2.5.206.0, its size is 214 KB

The version in the plugin folder of Waterfox is 2.5.201.0, its size is 213 KB. In addition, its modification date is 1999 - 12 -31, which is weird. So I guess something is wrong with that. How do I undo this?

Monika
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Monika,

Try copying the file from the Viewer's installation folder to the plug-ins folder of WaterFox and the "Demo Version" text should disappear.

Best,
Stefan
mmoni
User

Post by mmoni »

Now everything works. :) Thanks, Stefan!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)