Linking to specific pages in a document in IE

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RFive
User

Linking to specific pages in a document in IE

Post by RFive »

Hi,

We have a web-application that opens document in iframes.
We put the URL in the src element of the iframe to display the documents. In some cases we want to open the document on a specific page. We put "#page=<number>" behind the URL to do this. This works fine in firefox with PDF-XChange and it also works in IE when using Acrobat Reader.

We have also tried to do this with simply open the url directly in the browser, this gave the same results as opening the file in an iframe.

But we can't get this to work with PDF-XChange Viewer in IE (8&9).
On a other topics in this forum i found clues that this should work. Can anybody confirm this or tell me how this can be done?
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Re: Linking to specific pages in a document in IE

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Hello RFive,

As I have tested it here - everything works fine with different version of Windows and IE. Maybe you have installed some IE addin, that cuts part of the URL?
RFive
User

Post by RFive »

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the slow response.

But you're right, it is working now. It seems the problem was the URL of the documents we were using. The URL contained parameters (with "?" and "&"), that doesn't seem to combine with the parameters for PDF-XChange.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi RFive,

Great to hear all us up and running now! :D

Cheers,
Stefan