Can Fill "Patterns" be used instead of Fill Colors?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

metanoid
User

Can Fill "Patterns" be used instead of Fill Colors?

Post by metanoid »

Great program btw! Thanks.

I use this program to markup construction drawings to communicate to the owner areas of focus and deficiencies.

My employers reporting system currently requires these "sketches" to be fax linked to the report so I lose all benefit of colors to communicate. Is there a way to change the palette to patterns rather than colors?

Thanks
Nico - Tracker Supp
User

Re: Can Fill "Patterns" be used instead of Fill Colors?

Post by Nico - Tracker Supp »

Hi metanoid,

Thank you for your post.
Please let me ask you what tool do you use for the markup?
Also, If you have identified several degrees of improvements, you can design several different stamps with different geometries or just text which you can use to mark those areas that need extra work. There are a series of stamps already built-in for this purpose like 'For comment', 'Final', 'Draft' that may be different from what you need but you can create yours.
Thanks.

HTH
metanoid
User

Post by metanoid »

Hi Nico,
I don't use any of the stamps. Mainly I used the cloud, call-out box, rectangle, typewriter and arrows. Often, I am trying to show an area on, for example a foundation plan, where I found a bad spot in the soil and needed to dig out a section and replace it. I would like to used the rectangle in that situation and maybe have slash lines in it rather than color.
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi metanoid,

At this point no we do not support pattern fills for annotations, we can look at a feature request but it won't be considered by the development team until sometime after the release of the new viewer in late Sept.

Best,
Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com