Convert to PDF/A

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

aaron murray
User

Convert to PDF/A

Post by aaron murray »

Hi, I have a large number of PDF files that are required to be converted to PDF/A.
In PDFXViewer there doesn't appear to be an alternative PDF format to save as PDF/X or PDF/A. Is this option available elsewhere or are these likely to be supported in future?
The PDFs I need to convert are drawings printed to PDF using Autodesk's DWG to PDF plotter (from AutoCAD). The PDF version is 1.6.

A batch conversion tool would be really handy, as would being able to batch plot.

Cheers
Aaron
PDF-Xchange Viewer Pro v 2.5.201
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Convert to PDF/A

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Aaron,

Our PDF XChange printing drivers are capable of creating PDF A compliant documents, but this will mean that you will need to "reprint" all your PDFs. Unfortunately there is no easy way for you to do that for multiple files, but it should be possible to write a batch script that will handle all files and send them with a command line to our Viewer for "printing".

Best,
Stefan
aaron murray
User

Post by aaron murray »

I have PDF-Xchange 4.0 Lite as a printer driver. I take it that this doesn't do it?
Does PDF Tools do the conversion? Under Simple Conversion it has a radio button for PDF/A that is greyed out - I can select the PDF version from 1.3 to 1.7 but not the PDF/A.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Aaron,

The Lite driver does indeed lack the settings that allow you to select the PDF Version specification in our Standard drivers.
The PDF - A option in the PDF Tools will be active when you are creating new PDF files (e.g. from scanner or images) - but it can't change the PDF Specification version to PDF - A for already existing files.

If you have a license for our PDF tools - you can upgrade that to PDF XChange Pro 2012 - with just paying the difference and gaining access to the standard printing drivers.

Best,
Stefan