PDF-XChange Viewer taking a long time to save a document

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pctuki_fg
User

PDF-XChange Viewer taking a long time to save a document

Post by pctuki_fg »

Hi,

There is a weird problem when saving a pdf with PDF-XChange Viewer. When I save it to my local drive it takes reasonable short time. Also if I am in the main office saving to a network drive doesn't take too long, but at least twice the time than onto a local disk. When I am in a branch office, which has reasonable connections to main office, trying to save pdf to a network drive the saving time sky rockets to hours instead of seconds. If I first save it to my hard drive and then copy it to the network drive it takes couple seconds, but directly saving from PDF-XChange to a network drive takes a loong time.

I attached one pdf I have the problem with. Can you explain why PDF-XChange could take so long to save the file if copying a file takes a lot less time?

edit: Okay, so the problem exists only in network folders that are marked as offline available. So when saving to a folder that is synchronized for offline use the saving time sky rockets.

We are using Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit.

KOI1AE021.pdf
(4.7 MiB) Downloaded 160 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Viewer taking a long time to save a document

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Ville,

And thanks for your post. We will discuss this in the team and come back if we have any further advise - but for now please try to store only to "online" network resources.

Best,
Stefan