Permanent watermarks

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Woinic
User

Permanent watermarks

Post by Woinic »

Hi,
I am new in this forum. I have PDF Exchange PRO licensed and installed and I need to have permanent watermarks on some documents, that contain about two hundred pages.
- How to do that ?
- Is it possible to do that with PDF-XChange Viewer, PDF-Tools ? or other Tracker products.

Thanks

Best Regards
Gerard, France
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Permanent watermarks

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Gerard,

And welcome to our forums.

You can add watermarks to an existing document using the PDF Tools, and you can set up our PDF XChange Standard printer to add watermarks to new PDF document that you "print".
Here is a KB article that shows you how to set the watermakrs up for the printing driver, and the settings for the PDF Tools are pretty much the same:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase/212

Best,
Stefan
Woinic
User

Post by Woinic »

Hello Stefan,
Thanks for the answer, but I forget to say that what I want, is to have permanent watermarks that are impossible to remove.
In general, the watermarks are easy to remove with special tools found on Internet.
see http://www.pdfwatermarkremover.com/
I also want to keep a very high quality for the documents that contain many high quality pictures or drawings.

Best Regards,
Gerard, France
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Gerard,

We are creating Watermarks that are compliant with the PDF specification. Watermarks - as many other objects inside a PDF file could be manipulated with some specialized tools (e.g. Adobe's Illustrator or the product you linked) - and there is no universal way to restrict those other than making all your pages single images - and make it impossible to remove just the watermark.

But this might not be an option for you as you say you want to preserve the high quality images that are present in your files - technically you can "print as images" a file after you have added the watermark - and with the correct compression settings images will preserve their high quality - but at a cost - the files will be significantly larger - as text will also be converted to images.

Best,
Stefan