Two tool bar questions

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hmw
User

Two tool bar questions

Post by hmw »

I have PDF XChange Viewer (Registered Version), Build 201.0. MY OS is Windows XP Pro, SP2.

Two questions related to the tool bars, and their options.

First attachment is PDFDropdown.pdf. Every place I added a red rectangle is a small "drop down" arrow that says "Reset This Toolbar & Customize Toolbars. I have 5 of these, when I really only need one. Is there some way to eliminate the remaining four? I have tried lots of things, but nothing works.

Second attachment is PDFManual.pdf. The "Customize Toolbars..." function is grayed out. I am used to where commands are placed on my custom toolbars (see 1st attachment), and would like to do the same for toolbars which open with the PDFManual. Is there some way to achieve this?

A great program.

Harry
Attachments
PDFManual.pdf
(115.79 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
PDFDropDown.pdf
(53.54 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Two tool bar questions

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Harry,

Yes the small triangle with the "Reset this toolbar" and "customize toolbars" - is the last component in every toolbar in our Viewer - including the default ones, and those that you create yourself. It will be there for every toolbar you have. The solution is to create just 1-2 custom toolbars (one per row) - and include in those custom ones only the tools you need.

The Manual is deliberately opened in a special instance of the Viewer where the Customize Toolbars is disabled on purpose. The solution is to simply open the manual file in the normal instance of the Viewer (navigate to it in C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer\Help instead of pressing F1).

Best,
Stefan
hmw
User

Post by hmw »

Stephan:

Thanks for your thorough and rapid response.

The only reason I create so many custom toolbars is to provide a space between certain commands. Other programs I have provide "space" commands so the user can separate actual commands. The only way I could figure out how do do this with Viewer was by adding toolbars, and then sliding the toolbars to create the space. Is there another way that I have just missed?

Harry
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Harry,

While we do not have such an invisible spacer (as most of the requests are to have as few and as compact buttons as possible) - you can add a vertical line.
To do that - have the customize toolbars menu opened, and then right click on any button that is already in the toolbar - in the drop down menu you will see the "insert separator before/after" options.

Best,
Stefan
hmw
User

Post by hmw »

Got it. Thanks so much, Stefan.

Harry
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

;-)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com