Need more features - URGENT !!!

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

chaos
User

Need more features - URGENT !!!

Post by chaos »

I work with Architectural drawings every day as an estimator and recently i tested PDF X-change viewer. This is great software but needs following features:

1. DISPLAY - Ability to view multiple pages in the same time, in the same documents. for example: When i work with drawing is need to look at construction, finish plan and elevation in the same time. It is not possible with one document. When I jump from page to page using bookmarks zoom resets to default position and I can't see a detail I am working on and have to zoom in each time i go to same page, same place. It is very annoying when you skipping constantly between two or three pages. When I extract page and try to work separately , bookmarks don't copy. If i open same file in two instances I am loosing ability to mark drawings because i am getting error that access is denied (and it is true because can't write to same open file in two instances)

2. ZOOM - As mentioned above zoom setting reset when jumping between page . This is very important ! , for example: I zoom in of one room on construction plan and then I want to look at the same room on Finish plan. Jumping between two pages resets soom to default position.

3. LINKS - Links are great but I found very difficult problem with them . When creating link new link windows opens. If i want to create a link to page in the same document I am not able to use anything else outside of this window.Working with Architectural drawings requires sometimes working with binder with more then 100 pages. Now There is no bookmark in link window for easier location of drawings, also I can't enlarge link window. It is hard locate a right destination page where you want to go.

4. It would be nice to create link with drag and drop function. For example . If Display option mentioned in Paragraph 1 would be working, where you can see two or more chosen pages in the same document then I would be able to speed up take off 1000%. I would be able to open next to each other construction plan, Finish Plan Elevation and Detail, then i would create placeholder on each page where i want and with drag and drop function I would be able quickly create link between those four location. So simple.

5. BOOKMARKS - there should be function to see which bookmarks points to actual page #. I have to click on bookmark and then look on page window to see which page is highlighted and what is page #. This is very disturbing because: Working with Architectural drawing require for you to clean binder and remove unnecessary pages. I recently opened set of drawings and by browsing through them using bookmarks I notice that I don't need any RCP, Mechanical and Furniture plans. In order for me to remove those pages I need to got thru many steps. If I just remove bookmarks - pages still remain, so i have to click on first page in bookmarks see what page # it is then i last page in bookmarks , look again on page # and then finally go to page window and mark pages which i want to permanently delete.

6. MEASURING TOOLS - working with Architectural drawings you often working with different scales. i need to jump from plan page where scale is 1/8"-1ft to Elevation page where scale is 3/8" - 1ft . I would be nice if measuring tool has multiple instances of the same button with different scale assign to it. I would be able to create to shortcut to each button with different scale and then measure walls very quickly.

7. MEASURING TOOLS - there is a missing option in measuring tools on all software I have seen. There is no measuring tool where perimeter measuring tool gives you dimension of each arm, no a total length. Our company is installing panels on the wall but max width of the panel in 48" (4 ft). When measuring wall on Construction Plan I have to use linear measuring tool and click and measure each wall separately. Then i take dimension of each wall and divided by (4ft) and i know how many panels I need on each section of wall. It would be also nice if there would be an option where you can set fix max dimension for panels and when measuring wall it would be able to give you small note that on wall 21ft there is 5 segments 4ft and left 1ft. or EQ 6 panels 3.5ft.

8. BUTTONS - It would be nice if i can program many instances of same button. When browsing through Architectural drawings I go thru many different finished. I would be nice to program many highlight rectangle tools with different options, colors and opacity and assign quick shortcuts to it. Then I would be able to very quickly swap between those buttons and highlight drawings for different finishes.

9. CUSTOM PANEL - There should be ability to create custom panels in addition to Layers , Fields, Comments and Attachments. Every trade does a different takeoff and it would be nice if i could create my own lisk with bookmarks and links attached to it. When i do a take off I go floor by floor, room by room. If I could create my one list whoch i could export later on to excel it would save me many hours a week. For example I would do something like that.
Custom list - Project XXX
1st Floor
Conference Room #12344
(West Elv) - {Link here or i could use measuring tool here where dimension would show)
Corridor #1234556
Base around room BT-2 - {Link here or i could use perimeter measuring tool here where shows total of l.ft of base in the corridor)

This is it for now because it is very difficult to do takeoff without this options. I tested trial pro version on my computer and I hope that next version will have this minor improvements. Till then it is useless for take-offs. But remember this is the best PDF software on the market now and Once it has all this funtion I will be FIRST TO BUT IT.
thank you.
- Chaos -
PeterPan
User

Re: Need more features - URGENT !!!

Post by PeterPan »

Hi,
the first feature mentioned will be in Version 3, which (hopefully) will be released on March 31st, 2012.

Sincerely,
PeterPan
menes
User

Post by menes »

PeterPan wrote:Hi,
the first feature mentioned will be in Version 3, which (hopefully) will be released on March 31st, 2012.

Sincerely,
PeterPan
How do you know that? Is a roadmap available?
PeterPan
User

Post by PeterPan »

In the first post of this thread: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 35&t=10100 is an zip-file.
On the fourth page of the powerpoint presentation, you can see the "split to multiple tab groups". I think that is the feature chaos means.

[EDIT] I read the post again and now I think it's not exactly what chaos wants, because it isn't the same document. But as an less-than-ideal solution he could make several copies of his document and open all copies.
chaos
User

Post by chaos »

First option is most important. Opening multiple pages has to be available for the same documents. Than I will be able to open Construction plan, Finish plan, elevation page and Detail page in the same time and mark all pages, and all those marked pages MUST belong to the same file (binder).
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

There will nbe no major feature additions now until version 3 is released later this spring in the 2nd quarter.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com