Erroneous(?) "outside of available print area" in 2.5 (199.0

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Bob Coleman
User

Erroneous(?) "outside of available print area" in 2.5 (199.0

Post by Bob Coleman »

Recently when printing, I've been getting a messaage

Some pages will not be printed completely because they are outside of the available print area.

If I printed anyway the result seemed to be OK. Gradually, I realized that I might be getting this message every time I printed. Then I realized that I had recently installed Version: 2.5 (Build 199.0), so I reinstalled Build 194.0.

Initial indications are that I no longer get the message about being outside the available print area.
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: Erroneous(?) "outside of available print area" in 2.5 (1

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The latest build is 2.5.200 — you could try that.

In any case, I suspect that Tracker Support will need the PDF file to identify the problem.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The latest build is 2.5.200 — you could try that.

In any case, I suspect that Tracker Support will need the PDF file to identify the problem.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bob,

Bhikkhu is right, the first thing we'd ask is to test the current build (2.5.200). If you still get the issue we will need to try and reproduce this here. In order to do so we need some information avbout your system that is included as attachments when you send a report using Help --> Report a Problem.

If you confirm the issue please use the Viewer to report the problem and include all files you are using as well as the make, model and driver version for your printer.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Bob Coleman
User

Post by Bob Coleman »

Problem also exists with Build 200. The PDF file is not relevant. Problem exists with any PDF file. Problem report has been sent.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thank you - your email will be answered directly in due course.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Bob Coleman
User

Post by Bob Coleman »

For anyone who might be following this or read it in the future, the response to my problem report suggested trying the option Fit to Printer Margins or Reduce to Printer Margins in the Print dialog.

Either of these options avoids getting the message I originally reported and, as far as I've discovered, the printed output is OK.

I still don't know why one of these options is required in recent builds, but using them seems to solve the problem.
Jamie - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Jamie - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for posting that info Bob! :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Bob,

This is a warning message that we have introduced recently - it just tells you that your sheet is larger than the print area on your device - this could be due to e.g. mechanical limitations in the hardware that make margins necessary - or even to very minute mismatch between the pages' dimensions and the output format (e.g. you have a page that is 210.01 mm x 297.03mm - and want to print it on an A4 page (official dimensions 210x297mm) - there are just fractions of a millimeter in each direction that will be "cut off" but as there is an area of your page that will not be printed - we show you the warning.

As you have discovered yourself - you can ignore the warning - and the result could still be OK, or you could force the page to be fit on the sheet printed by selecting one of the scaling options available.

Best,
Stefan