compression / WIA

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

horst siegert
User

compression / WIA

Post by horst siegert »

Hi,
just purchased :) !
1. New Document from scanner: How can I set the compression rate oft the pdf embedded pictures (zip / jpg... )
2. Is only WIA supported not TWAIN?
Thank you
Jamie - Tracker Supp
User

Re: compression / WIA

Post by Jamie - Tracker Supp »

Hi Horst,

Glad to have you onboard. Happy holidays!

1. You cannot set the compression on images in the Viewer. This is something that you must do with the PDF-XChange print driver or from your scanner interface where possible (these differ and vary depending on the scanner manufacturer)

2. Twain is supported by pour products - but it may be that your scanner is not offering a scanner driver for TWAIN - in Windows 64 bit versions some manufacturers only offer WIA drivers - or it may be that you have the 64 bit version of our product - but your scanner only offers a 32 bit twain driver and a 64 bit wia driver etc ...

Let us know if we can be of further assistance

Regards,
Jamie
horst siegert
User

Post by horst siegert »

Hi Jamie,
issue 2:
so, let me give you an example to see, if I got it right (the following is no spam :) ).
My standard pixel editor is PhotoLine. That is installed in 32 bit and a 64 bit version in parallel. When launching the 64 bit version no TWAIN available, but with the 32 bit version.
So, the same with PDF Xchange?
If so, is there a possibility to do it like PhotoLine? The WIA dialog is rudimentary.
issue 1:
1. You cannot set the compression on images in the Viewer.
Pitty! I have been used to it with my very old Acrobat.
edit some minutes later: what is the setting the viewer is using for that?
I have read about version 3 in the run ... :?
--
sorry, another question but regarding the board:
I'm logging in with my nickname, but my real name will be diplayed. Why is that?
Thank you, (ugly wet outside)
horst
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Horst,

indeed we are adding image compression to V3 of the Viewer. V3 is very close now so in the not too distant future you will be able to optimize the files size using graphic compression.

Regards the forum name - it is strange and I cannot get a result returned when looking for that as a user name so I am thinking that horst siegert is indeed not your user name. Can you tell me what the user name or email is and I will see what I can find?

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
horst siegert
User

Post by horst siegert »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:Can you tell me what the user name ...is ... ?
Hi Paul,
my username here ist 'sietracky', and I use this name for login. I got the account during the process of purchase automatically.
and
Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: indeed we are adding image compression to V3 of the Viewer.
great!! My comment has just been 'a shout into the wilderness'. :wink:

Regarding to my TWAIN / WIA problem I have found a solution: I don't use the 64 bit version any more but the mobile version. That is recognizing the TWAIN and no disadvantage seem to occur!
The resulting file size of a scaned document using TWAIN is about 1/3 of the size using WIA (sure, the same conditions)!!
so, thank you a lot, horst
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Horst,

Yes on a x64 OS - you will need either a 64 bit version of the TWAIN drivers for your device (something most hardware producers aren't providing backwards for older devices) - or the portable Viewer (which is a 32 bit only application).

Glad to see that you've already found the solution!

Best,
Stefan