Print several PDF at the same time --> Hieroglyphics

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

sebastiana
User

Print several PDF at the same time --> Hieroglyphics

Post by sebastiana »

Hello XChange Viewer friends,

I would like to print several PDF at the same time. To do this in Windows Explorer I mark all the files I want to print. After a right click I select "print". Usually it works fine but sometimes the printer begins to print hieroglyphics and doesn't stop until the magazine is empty. The strange thing is that with exactly the same files sometimes it works fine and sometimes not. Do you have any idea what I can do?

Greetings, Seba
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Print several PDF at the same time --> Hieroglyphics

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello sebastiana,

First please check that you have the latest build of our Viewer - we've released build 2.5.200 yesterday, so please do update to this one and check if the problem persists.

If it does we would like you to provide us with some more information on the following questions:
Is it always the same number of documents that you are trying to print and are they always the same files?
Which is the printer that you print to (make and model), and are there any other print jobs executed before or after the problem happens?
Which version of windows are you using (e.g. 32 bit XP, 64 bit WIn7)?

Best,
Stefan
sebastiana
User

Post by sebastiana »

Thank you for your answer.

The problem happend with build 2.5.0 64 bit but now I have updated to 2.5.2. 64 bit

Printer: Canon IR2870 PCL6

The next time I will have a look if there are any other print jobs executed before. I don't think it's always the same number of documents. Once the problem happend when I tried to print seven documents. To analize the error I tried to print one single document again, than two, than three and so on, until I reached seven, but the problem didn't happen again. The next day I had the problem again with different pdf files but I don't remember the number of documents.

Greetings, Seba
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Seba,

It is not quite clear from your last post - so can you please confirm whether the problem is happening again with build 200, or whether you've not yet been able to reproduce it with the latest build?

Thanks,
Stefan
sebastiana
User

Post by sebastiana »

I just installed build 200 today. So I have not been able to test it yet. I let you know when it happens again.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Seba,

fingers crossed it won't happen again :)
but if it does - we are here and would be awaiting your follow up!

Cheers,
Stefan
sebastiana
User

Post by sebastiana »

After the update to build 200 I'm having a similar problem. I opened a pdf which I commented with version 2.5 before and started to put some new comments with build 200. On the screen it looks fine but when I print the document all the letters of the new comments appears only in hieroglyphics. All the older comments work fine. To find out if it's a problem with the printer I also tried to print it with a pdf printer and have got the same effect.

Tested on XP 32bit.

New Info: I installed 2.5.0 again and the comments from build 200 are working fine!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello sebastiana,

Looking at your latest update I believe that after the reinstall all your problems are resolved?

Best,
Stefan
sebastiana
User

Post by sebastiana »

2.5 build 199 --> Problem with printing several documents at the same time
2.5 build 200 --> Problem with printing comments made by build 200, older comments mady by build 199 work fine (and maybe with printing several documents)

I can't test if the first problem still exist with the new build because in the new build I always get problems with printing new comments.
Jamie - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Jamie - Tracker Supp »

Hi Sebastiana,

Have your tried exporting the comments, deleting them, and then re-importing them? Let me know how that goes.

Regards,
Jamie.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Bug is fixed. Fix will be available in next build.
Workarround for now - save, close and reopen the document - text in annotations will be printed ok.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.