"mouse back button" And PDF's in IE 9?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gate1975mlm
User

"mouse back button" And PDF's in IE 9?

Post by gate1975mlm »

When viewing a pdf in IE 9 browser hitting the "mouse back button" does not goback to the previous page like it should.

For example lets say I click on a pdf link from google once the pdf is open in the browser if I want to goback to google I should beable to hit the back button on my mouse.

Every other pdf reader works this way.

Can this option please be added?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: "mouse back button" And PDF's in IE 9?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello gate1975mlm,

I just tested it here - and the Back button worked just as expected for me in my IE9.

I tried with opening Google, searching for "Sample pdf" - and clicking the first actual link to a PDF document that showed (that was the second result - with the first one being a website).
Then when the document loaded - I just clicked the back arrow - and was returned to the Google search.

The test was done with Win7 x64 and IE9.

So can you please try to reproduce your test, and if successful send us your search criteria and the file that you are opening so that we can test it here.

Best,
Stefan
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Yes clicking the Back Arrow in IE 9 and Firefox does work like you said.

However thats not what my issue is.

I am talking about clicking the Back Button on my "Mouse". When I click it nothing happens in IE9 and also Firefox.

Like I said with every other PDF reader the "Mouse" Back Button works just fine like it should.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello gate1975mlm,

Thanks for the clarification. Our Viewer's control (the instance of the Viewer that is loaded inside IE/Firefox when you open a file directly in your browser) - will take focus, and all mouse and key commands would be intercepted by it - this is done so that you can use e.g. shortcut commands inside the Viewer. This is on purpose and yes - your mouse's back button will not work as the "back one page" command in IE - but this is a trade off we need to do - otherwise you will have to use all the commands in our Viewer only with left mouse button clicks - something that's much more inconvenient than clicking the back arrow once when you are done with Viewing the PDF document.

I presume that the other Viewers that you used were only displaying your file, and not allowing you to do anything else like e.g. annotating it.

Best,
Stefan