Fonts size change?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

francic
User

Fonts size change?

Post by francic »

Hi all, I'm a new member of this forum and I'd like to know if with PDF-Xchange Viewer is possiple to increase fonts size. My problem is to read a long PDF file with a e-reader; if I read the text with 'small' font size on my Nook reader, everything is OK, but text is toot small. If I select medium or large, lines are mixed (i.e. order is no more respected) and page editing changes completely. Thanks for any help!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Fonts size change?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Dear francic,

I am afraid that none of our products can currently change the font size of existing text inside a PDF document, but we are working on such a feature for ver3 of our Viewer.

An alternative you could search for is a tool that will allow you to convert your PDF files and make then e-reader friendly (with reflow text support) - again a feature that is not available in our products.

Best,
Stefan
francic
User

Post by francic »

Thanks anyway... :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Francic,

Sorry we couldn't help more.

Best,
Stefan
francic
User

Post by francic »

Well, I solved this problem in a very tiresome -but working- way, converting my PDF long file (530 pages!) into PNG, then analyzing any single page with an OCR programme (ABBY Finereader) and converting it to RTF or DOC, then again to PDF. To merge Word pages I used 'insert from file' and interrupted any page in order to respect the original book look. This work will require almost a week, but eventually pages are perfectly readable on my Nook. Ciao!
Jamie - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Jamie - Tracker Supp »

Hi Francic,

I am sorry you had to go to such trouble but I admire your persistence!

Regards,
Jamie.