Text wrapping

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hockyfan
User

Text wrapping

Post by hockyfan »

Hey everyone, so I regularly use PDF-Xchange and it is great! I've gotten used to using the "Text Box" tool to quickly annotate my PDF's. However, it's become almost a habit to press "Enter" when I get to the edge of the PDF document, so I can start a new line, since otherwise, the text will continue "off" the document. Today though, I copy/pasted some text from a Word document into PDF-Xchange, and what do you know - it made a text box magically have text wrapping! Even when I typed in my own text into that box, the text would automatically start a new line when I reached the edge of the box - no need to press enter. Any ideas on how to make all of my new text boxes I create do this as well? Thanks!
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: Text wrapping

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

That's already the default behaviour for the text box tool. Maybe you're using the Typewriter tool. That text can be made to wrap after typing by resizing the typewriter text with the corner handles.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello hockyfan,

Bhikkhu's comment is valid (thanks for that!) - but besides that I would also recommend you to make sure that you are using build 2.5. 199 of our Viewer (you can check it in Help -> About) - as if you are using an older build - the behaviour might be different.

Best,
Stefan
hockyfan
User

Post by hockyfan »

Aha... I feel silly -should have known that one. Now I just gotta decide which one I like better, it's nice that both features are available! Thanks for the help!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com