Link to Adobe Acrobat Reader in Window of PDFXChange

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

prr
User

Link to Adobe Acrobat Reader in Window of PDFXChange

Post by prr »

I have seen in teh bottom right corner of files that I open in PDFXCHange, a link to open teh same document in Adobe. You can see the bottom right corner, an Adobe icon. That is the link. http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7043 ... isplay.png

I'm not sure how it got there, and would like to delete it. PDFXChange is teh default reader, I promise. :P

I looked through the Edit/Preferences dialog but didn't see how I could do this. I went into Adobe's preferences, and didn't see either. Is there a way out?

Admittedly it ranks low on my scale of annoyances but I'm a little peeved that one program took it upon itself to get its hooks on another program on my laptop.
Windows 11
PDFX-Change Editor current
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Link to Adobe Acrobat Reader in Window of PDFXChange

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi prr,

If Adobe Reader or Acrobat is installed on a system alongside our products, we include this by default so a user can see what the document looks like in Adobe's products. At this time it is there as a default link that can be moved around the document perimeter but not removed.

Best,
Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
prr
User

Post by prr »

OK, thanks, I'm surprised that you yourselves did that. At any rate, I can live with that, as long as I know that it wasn't someone else's program intruding itself. Its not obtrusive in and of itself, so I'll leave it where it is.
Windows 11
PDFX-Change Editor current
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Chris - Tracker Supp wrote:At this time it is there as a default link that can be moved around the document perimeter but not removed.
:?

From the View menu, Toolbars, just uncheck the "Launch" toolbar.

Note that some PDF files such as PDF packages or PDF Slideshows are not supported by PDF-XChange, so its very useful to have the option to open them in Adobe Reader.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Bhikkhu,

Thanks for the tip with turning the toolbar on or off :)

Please allow me to not agree at 100% with your statement about PDF packages. While there might be the odd file which we are unable to properly work with - for most portfolios/packages, the only thing we can't properly display is the "home screen" - all the actual files are visible in the attachments pane - so while better looking in Adobe, portfolios are still perfectly readable in our Viewer, and ver3 should at some point bring support for the home screens as well.

Best,
Stefan