Version 3

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

michael mayson
User

Version 3

Post by michael mayson »

I am using PDF_Xchange Viewer and like it very much but I now need to be able to edit text inside a pdf document.
I understand that the next version will have text editing capabilities so I don't know whether to wait for your next version or look elsewhere.
I would rather use your next version but not if it is months away.
Can you give me a clue?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Version 3

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Michael,

there is a formal statement here regards the reasons for the delays n the release of V3.: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 35&t=10100

All I can add to that right now is that we are hard at work on this and that it is progressing. The intention is to have it released for the end of Autumn and we are still on track for that as I write this.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
michael mayson
User

Post by michael mayson »

Thanks Paul. Hmmm :?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Michael,

Sorry we don't have any better news, but I can confirm what Paul said is true - we are hard at work and are aiming at the end of this Autumn.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Best,
Stefan
HOTGA
User

Post by HOTGA »

Hi Paul/Stefan,

How are you?

First let me say I am great fan of Pdf-Exchange Pro and use Pdf-Exchange Viewer and Pdf Tools all the time!

I religiously check this thread to see when version 3/PDF-X Viewer 2011 will be released. I cannot wait to use the Pro version and see all the new features you have added and give you feedback on the software.

I am concerned that may of the tech blogs I read are starting to list Nitro Reader (http://www.nitroreader.com/) as the "Number One" free pdf viewer/reader (which is simply untrue). It is not that it is a bad product - it just does not have the polish and smooth operation of Pdf-Exchange Viewer...

I know you are constantly questioned about the release date of PDF-X Viewer 2011. I appreciate the reasons for the delay and the mammoth effort it must be to incorporate the multitude of new features people request and which you want to include. When you say the anticipated release date is the end of Autumn is that Autumn in Canada and if so when is the end of Autumn in Canada (roughly)?

In PDF-X Viewer 2011 will there be the ability to compare one pdf to another with a third new pdf created showing the differences between the two compared pdfs - like the document compare features in Microsoft Word? Will there be an ability to split a window when reading a pdf? These would be some great features.

I have many more questions about PDF-X Viewer 2011 which I can email you directly if you would like if you are not able to comment publicly on the new features of PDF-X Viewer 2011until its released. :)

Looking forward to hearing more about PDF-X Viewer 2011, and using the pro version when released. Out of interest, would I need a new license key issued to me to use it or will my Pdf-Exchange Pro key I have work in v3/PDF-X Viewer 2011 when its released?

Thanks and regards,

Lee
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Lee,

And many thanks for the kind words and the understanding!
We are trying as hard as we can to finish and release the new version as soon as possible.

Now to answer your direct questions.
For now there is no PDF Comparison tool planned but that can always be added in the future as e.g. a plug-in.
But the Split View is already confirmed and should be in the initial release of the new Viewer.

For the license keys - yes you will need a new one, but you should be able to obtain that automatically through your account on our website. We will have the details when ver3 is ready for release.

As for your other questions - do not hesitate to ask them either here or over an e-mail to support@pdf-xchange.com and we will be happy to give you the best answers we can!

Regards,
Stefan