lineresolution Version v2.5.194 > v2.5.195

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

berndpongo
User

lineresolution Version v2.5.194 > v2.5.195

Post by berndpongo »

Hi

Since update from Version 2.5.194 to v2.5.195 the lineresolution on a HP Designjet 1050c thin lines are to thick on other devices (HP Designjet 500 or A3 Laser Printer) the lineresolution is korrekt. It looks like the lineresolution starts @ 0.25mm.

the print PDF is create by Autocad Map 3d 2011 and PDF-XChange Lite
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: lineresolution Version v2.5.194 > v2.5.195

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello berndpongo,

I need to ask you a few more questions to better understand the situation before we try to help.

Is it the same file that you are trying to print to all printers - and are you printing from the same PC - as you could have e.g. "print as images" set on one, and not on the other machine - and this could have effect on very thin lines.

Also please do provide us with the file in question (zip and attach it to this topic), and if possible with links to the drivers used on each of your printers.

Best,
Stefan
berndpongo
User

Post by berndpongo »

hi, and sorry for my bad English i´m not a native. (german)

Yes it´s the same file and yes it was the same PC (i install the different Version for test´s, i tried this because on a different PC it work´s with the Version 2.5.191)

"print as images" work´s, but the size of the print files ascends from 18,5mb to 50mb.

attached files.
- The printed PDF file
- I make a scan from the print on the left site is the wrong print and on the left the correct resolution.

driver
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... nvOID=2100
Attachments
Output.zip
(922.71 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Thanks for the details berndpongo,

And no worries your English is fine, and I just asked all those questions so that I have as much information for our devs as possible before passing the problem for investigation.

I believe this is now enough and I have passed it to them.

We will keep you updated with any news on the subject.

Best,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello berndpongo,

The dev guys asked for some more information. Could you please let us know whether you are still using build 2.5.195? If so please try and update to the current latest 2.5.197 - and if the problem still persists do come back!

Best,
Stefan
berndpongo
User

Post by berndpongo »

hi

I used 2.5.197, i found the version where it still works (v2.5.194) by reinstalling for troublshooting.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Thanks for the update and clarification berndpongo,

We will continue our investigation.

Best,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

I made changes with line width on printing in new build and I guess it should works well on HP printers. If you like, I can send you pre-release version of new 198 build for testing.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
berndpongo
User

Post by berndpongo »

Thank you, please send me the version.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello berndpongo,

I am sending you now the custom build Ivan mentions above.
Pleas let us know when you receive it (or if you don't as it's a 13.6 MB File), and whether it resolves your problem.

Best,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello berndpongo,

We have not heard from you for some time, and our developers would like to know whether the custom built we sent you helped.

You can post your answer either directly here, or send us an e-mail to support@pdf-xchange.com

Cheers,
Stefan
sha-it
User

Post by sha-it »

Hi,

we have the same issue here with the current version PDF-XChange Pro 2.5.199.

When printing PDF CAD-drawings on a printer or plotter using the PDF-XChange Viewer all lines are printed thicker as when we're using Acrobat 9 Pro or the Adobe Reader X to send the same files using the same settings to the printer or plotter. Then the lines are printed thinner and that is our desired result.

Best,
Matthias
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Matthias,

When you are sending the print to the plotter is the "Print as Images" option in our Viewer turned on or off?
Could you please try with the other state of the same - and let us know the result?

Best,
Stefan
sha-it
User

Post by sha-it »

'Print as Image' is off normally.

When turning it on, the lines are much thinner (to thin now) but this also causes that all small fonts are nearly unreadable and blurry on the print. I also played a bit with the advanced print options (Resolution for print as images, print text as curves etc.) without success. The print quality is much better without 'Print as Image' besides the thick lines.

Best,
Matthias
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Matthias,

Thanks for the reply.
I have passed the question to our devs, and if they have any advise or further questions - we will post them here shortly!

Best,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you print your file on your printer when it is in pause, and send me the job file ?
But please don't print complex document; just few lines with different thickness would be enough. And if you have another application to print the same document on the same printer, please get the job file too.

P.S. To get job file, please pause your printer (right click on printer in the printers list, select "See what's printing" from the menu, and now Printer -> Pause Printing).
Now, when you print your file on this printer, you can find a few files in "c:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS" folder. please archive them and send them to us.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.