Copy and past of objects?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PdfSnooper
User

Copy and past of objects?

Post by PdfSnooper »

I'd like to be able to copy objects in the browser. Say I make some text, then I'd like to be able to make a copy of that object, ie, the size, the font, the color (and not just the ascii text) or if make an arrow, I'd like to be able to copy and paste it somewhere else, without having to adjust all properties of it again.

Is this something which is likely to come in v3?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Copy and past of objects?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi PdfSnooper,

you can already copy/paste comments with their text style as well as the object style like fill colour, border thickness etc.

We will be adding in V3 the ability to also copy base text (not a comment but a part of the original PDF document) from a PDF to other applications like word processors etc and copy/paste it with the text style, not just the text itself as it currently does.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
PdfSnooper
User

Post by PdfSnooper »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi PdfSnooper,

you can already copy/paste comments with their text style as well as the object style like fill colour, border thickness etc.
How?
Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: We will be adding in V3 the ability to also copy base text (not a comment but a part of the original PDF document) from a PDF to other applications like word processors etc and copy/paste it with the text style, not just the text itself as it currently does.
What about copying arrows and other items we add?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello PdfSnooper,

To copy a comment - all you need to do is to select it (switch to the hand tool and then mouse over it - the cursor will change to an arrow and allow you to make the selection) and you can then copy or cut the comment and paste it elsewhere.

Manipulation of more than one object is also coming in ver3.

As for copying text with formatting - this is quite a complicated task - especially if you want to copy from one application (the Viewer) to another (e.g. MS Word), but we are also checking what are the possibilities for formatted text extraction we could offer in the future.

Best,
Stefan