Remove Comments

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

enaef
User

Remove Comments

Post by enaef »

Hi

I work with a lot of scientific papers, where I use the highlighting, underlining tools, sticky note, typewriter etc etc.
It regularly happens, that I need to send papers to a colleague or friend. Then I need to remove every part of my highliting, underlining etc. manually before sending it, because the other person needs the paper originally, as it was published.
Is there a function, which would do this autmatically? I was looking for it in the "Comments" Section, but could not find it.

Thanks a lot
Ernst

And again, I'm so happy with the XChange Viewer, and I regret, not having bought the Pro Version long ago.
I can't understand all my student colleagues, who print out the papers, highliht important sections manually and use their pencil for making notes. I have my "knowledge" always with me on my stick - they have their papers at home (when they need them elsewhere). And they often even don't find the papers when they are at home, while I can use my search function ...
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Remove Comments

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi enaef,

Thanks for the kind words - always appreciated :)

At the moment you can only select comments 1 at a time and delete I am afraid - but multiple select is coming in V3 released late this spring.

For now probably the easiest way is to view all comments in the left hand pane (menu option at the bottom) and then delete.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
enaef
User

Post by enaef »

Hi John

I wasn't aware of the comments pane.
That goes quite fast since it's possible to remove all comments of a single page at once ...!!

Best, Ernst
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
eva
User

Post by eva »

Hi,

if you group the comments by author, you can even delete all comments of the document at once.

eva
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Thanks for the hint Eva ;)

I bet that would be useful to Ernst and anyone else that reads this topic.

Best,
Stefan
enaef
User

Post by enaef »

Thanks, Eva.
It actually IS usefull ...

Since I wasn't aware of the comments pane, I also wasn't of the grouping options. I wonder, how long it takes, to get familiar with all the possibilities ...

By the way, how far away are we from version 3?

Ernst
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Ernst,

I am afraid that I can't provide you with anything more specific than "the end of this Spring" and that our devs are assuring us (the guys on support duty) that we will manage to get it ready within this time frame.

Best,
Stefan