Summarize Comments - modify font size

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lawman
User

Summarize Comments - modify font size

Post by lawman »

Summarize Comments works well, except that I cannot figure out how (if?) one can change the font size for the comments.

I have created a PDF with "Document and comments with connector lines on a single page" option. However, there are often many comments per page so I often get two pages, sometimes three, for one page of main text. I could save a lot of paper and make it look better if I could reduce the size of the font for the comments.

Please tell me how to do this. If it cannot be done, please implement the feature. I think it would work best if the font and size were both sticky options in the Summarize Comments dialog box, or alternatively if it were an easily accessible option in the Comments and Markup Tools menu.

Thanks.
Lawman
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Summarize Comments - modify font size

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi lawman,

in it's current form the Viewer does not have the ability to set the font size for the summary text. I have passed on your suggestion to the team to see if it can be implemented in some future version.

There is a ticket for this (internal only) RT#1005: Feature request : Summarize Comments - modify font size.

I will post here what feedback the development team have regards the practicality of adding this feature.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi lawman,

changing the font size in comments is on the wish list. It will happen, if not for the initial release of version 3 then in a subsequent one.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
lawman
User

Post by lawman »

OK, thanks for the attention to my request. I look forward to the improvement.
Lawman
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Pleasure :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
lawman
User

Post by lawman »

RT#1005: Feature request : Summarize Comments - modify font size.

I suggested this in April 2010. Is there any progress in implementing it? It sure would be nice!
Lawman
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello lawman,

I am afraid that this ticket has been stalled - and tagged for resolving in ver3 of our Viewer. There has been a delay in the release of ver3 - but now we are almost ready and will see to address this as time allows.

Best,
Stefan
cpb
User

Post by cpb »

Hello Stefan,

is this ticket still stalled ? Is it possible to change the font size in the summary of comments ?

Sincerely

Steven
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the post - it seems that the ticket is still stalled and no progress has yet been made. I'll speak with the Dev. Team and will see if any movement can be made, but please note that even should a ticket be made for a feature request, it is never a guarantee to implement the feature, only a promise to give the request serious consideration for a future release, if/whenever that may be.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
lawman
User

Post by lawman »

"Stalled" for 5 or 6 years??? Seems like disappointingly "dead". :(
Lawman
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Steve,

As mentioned previously, feature requests are never a guarantee and bug fixes and more highly requested items will always take precedence. Even then, it's ultimately up to to the Dev. Team and, should they feel that it is not possible to implement, or not reasonable at this time, then it will not be implemented or will be stalled until such a time as is deemed reasonable.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
guebert
User

Post by guebert »

Anything new regarding this issue?

(BTW I set the target paper size to A3, generate the result and then reduce it back to A4 to get usable layout ...)

Michael
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, guebert

No news on this topic since Willy's last post unfortunately. As this ticket has been stalled for quite some time, I am going through the channels to try and re-open it for you, possibly as a new ticket entirely, or simply by "freshening up" this one.

Like before I cannot promise that this will be implemented, and as willy mentioned, higher priority items, like bugs or more commonly requested features, will come first. If we see more demand for a feature like this, that may change, but so far, we have had a rather underwhelming number of people express any interest in this as an option, over the decade since the first request appeared.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com