To treat the same text with different tools

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

enaef
User

To treat the same text with different tools

Post by enaef »

Hi
Sometimes I need to "treat" parts of a text with different tools. Most often I have highlighted a whole sentence and now want to additionally underline one or two words of this already highlighted sentence.
To select the words which I want to underline (after they already have been highlighted) does not work (or I could not find out how).
I tried to use the Alt and the Ctrl key while having selected the Underline Tool in order to be able to underline a part of the already highlighted text. This did not work. The only solution I found, is to delete the highlighting, to underline first and then to highlight again.
Is there perhaps another solution?

I hope I was clear enough - sorry for being so complicated.

Ernst
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: To treat the same text with different tools

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Ernst,

Try using the Shift Key ;) this should allow you to "look through" the highlight and use the underline tool as if the highlight was not there.

You could also inverse this behaviour and have all annotations "ignored" by default and to need to press the Shift Key to select them. This is done via Edit -> Preferences -> Commenting where you can Enable exclusive mode for commenting tools.

Best,
Stefan
enaef
User

Post by enaef »

... oh my God ... :oops:
Just a bit embarassing to try Alt and Ctrl but not Shift ...

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

No reason to be embarrassed Ernst,

There is the "learning curve" - and we all learn something new every day!

Cheers,
Stefan