Font rendering

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

enaef
User

Font rendering

Post by enaef »

Hi

I really love XChange Viewer PRO!
And I dislike the Adobe Reader for its bulkiness and for its urge to update every few weeks ...

Nonetheless, on my system and with my two monitors, compared to the Adobe Reader the XChange Viewer shows text somehow "blurred".
I searched the topic on this forum and have seen, that the technique of font rendering has been discussed.
I'm wondering now, if the font rendering still is in further development or if it will stay as it is at the moment.

Thanks, Ernst
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Font rendering

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Again Ernst,

We are making lots of changes for ver3 of the Viewer (expected later this spring), and font rendering is reviewed as well.
As you have probably seen in the other topics it is a complicated matter, and that there are proprietary fonts and rendering algorithms involved, so we need to use our own, and slightly different ones, and we do think that we have achieved a good result. In any case the devs are constantly working on improvements so if there is anything we could do - we will do it, to improve both the speed and quality of rendering in our Viewer.

Lets see what ver3 of the Viewer will bring in terms of rendering quality, and we can reopen one of the bigger discussions already present here in the forums.

Best,
Stefan
enaef
User

Post by enaef »

Thanks Stefan

I agree, your result is not bad (I also have compared with Foxit and Sumatra). And I certainly will stay a heavy user. (At the moment the Viewer is - beside the browser - the most important application for me ...).

So - I'm happy to see what Version 3 will bring along.

Best,
Ernst
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)
parkc23
User

Post by parkc23 »

Regarding blurry fonts, another thing I noticed was the off-white background compared to that of other pdf readers.
It also seems to contribute the issue with fonts not appearing as crispy.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello parkc23,

Please check whether you are using the same colour space in our Viewer and those other readers - as on my monitor the white in our Viewer appears to me to be the same white as in other applications I tested. ()And of course when I pick the colour up with a software colour measuring tool - it always reports #FFFFFF RGB colour.

Best,
Stefan
parkc23
User

Post by parkc23 »

Thanks, Stefan.
Perhaps, I was mistaken simply by the color of the yellow frame and tabs.
Somehow, I thought the backgrounds looked kind of yellowish.
Thanks again making efforts to check it out :D
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

You are welcome parkc!

Best,
Stefan