Raster xchange/pdf xchange & Symantec Winfax 10.4

Forum for end Users only - for Raster-XChange, convert any Windows document or image to a :
BMP,PNG, GIF, PBM, PGM, PPM, JBIG2, JPEG, JPEG2000, JNG, PCX, DCX, TGA, TIFF, WBMP.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

Le_Gnome
User

Raster xchange/pdf xchange & Symantec Winfax 10.4

Post by Le_Gnome » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Mitchel Int. is now using both Raster xchange and pdf xchange with their estimating software.

Unfortunately the programs wipe out my print drivers for my winfax program.

I saw some older topics on this from last year but they didn't really apply or help me. I am looking for suggestions so these programs can co-exist.

Their reason for using these programs was to support 64 bit software in their estimating software. I am in the automotive trade and 64 bit software use is an minority use thing and not normally something I would want due to the lack of drivers.

Anyways any suggestions on making these items usable together?

Mitchell uses these programs to print a pdf copy of the estimate in the eclaim folder.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Raster xchange/pdf xchange & Symantec Winfax 10.4

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Can you pleasde advise from the 'About' Window of the PDF-XChange and Raster-XChange printer preferences Windows the version/build info of each product, such a problem did exist some time ago in an older build which was resolved as the spooler service could cease to function and therefore fail to report correctly the printers installed - a reboot of the system would restore ...

Please also advise the Version of Windows in use and if 32/64 bit.

PS - on further discussion here - we did have an issue with Winfax specifically also - and are just researching the resolution to that also - just in case that is also relevant.

Many thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Mitchell is using this for people running Win7 64 bit, I am still using XP pro.

Winfax pro is the software that I lose the print driver for when either of the two Xchange products are installed.

I was looking at those prior posts also, from last year.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks - we are working on and my colleague Roman will be back as soon as possible I hope with a resolution.

Thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi,

Please fully uninstall Raster-XChange via the control panel and allow Windows to restart, once done - please download and install :
www.docu-track.co.uk/RXC_t.zip

Again - please allow a restart and then test again - we believe this will resolve the issues found and allow Raster-XChange and Winfax to co-exist stablely - and please do advise us of any outcome - successful or otherwise.

Thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm

OK thanks that worked it's magic and the two are compatible again. Now is there a cure for the PDF-Xchange to do the same?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:24 pm

PDF-XChange should not require any changes - we believe the issue was with Raster-X - not PDF-X ...

HTH

Best regards
Tracker Support

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:35 pm

I will try a reinstall of the software but I"m certain I tried removing each of the versions separately to check the comparability issue. In case it was one and not the other.

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Tried a repair install of the Mitchell software and of course the fax drivers were removed. Then tried uninstalling just the PDF-Xchange 4 software and still no drivers.

Then reinstalled the RXC file you gave me and then I could reinstall the Winfax drivers.

I rebooted the system after each of the changes I mentioned above.

I do remember try each of the two Xchange products separately and problem exists with both of them. So it is the PDF-xchange 4 that needs the rework/update now.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Ok - will ask our dev team to take a look at this installer also ASAP

Thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Just curious if they have made any headway in the last week?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Apologies for the delay - I will chase this up today and come back as soon as possible - the individual concerned has been away for a couple of days with illness (which I am afraid is takling its seasonal toll here with several of us being less than 100% ...).

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards
Tracker Support

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi,

I have discussed this further with our development manager and also the staff member responsible for the installers creation and can confirm that the changes we made to the Raster-XChange installer that appeared to resolve that issue for you have been present in the PDF-XChange installer for some considerable time - so the problem appears to be unrelated in that sense.

Further we have installed Winfax here and then PDF-X/Raster-X and then uninstalled and altered the install order and we cannot reproduce the issue here at all...

To assist us in trying to trace the cause can we ask you to please install both products (in differing orders) and use the /L to create and install log for each install attempt and send us all 4 logs - these will be located in your Windows temp folders and will need to be saved immediately after each install to ensure they are not overwritten by the next installation run - hopefully we can find some common issue in these logs.

Please zip and send us these to support@tracker-software.com with a link back to this forum message in the email for reference.

Many thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Getting an install log is easier said then done. PDF-Xchange 4.0.174.0 is installed during the program setup/install. There is more then it being installed at that time. Is there anywhere that I can down load ver 4.0.174.0 by itself so I can try and give you a log?

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Hello Le_Gnome,

We are currently at build 187, so we strongly recommend you to try with this one (your license is valid for all ver4 builds), as the problem you are reporting might have already been solved after build 174.

Best,
Stefan

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Where is the current build date file located? You can PM me if you like for the file location to try it.

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:12 pm

Hello Le_Gnome,

All our latest builds can always be downloaded from our website:
http://www.tracker-software.com/product/downloads
You have not stated whether you have a license for the Standard or Pro package - that's why I am sending the general downloads page link only.

Best,
Stefan

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:34 pm

I don't know what they are using. For theRaster xchange it comes up with this as license info.
UltraMate User
Mitchell International
RDL36-xxxxx-Q3SNH-xxxxx-KU0O7-8DJUQ

I removed the serial number info

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:39 pm

I looked in the folder for the pdf info and nothing in the inf, file info or versions show anything other then the following

ProductName PDF-XChange 4.0
CompanyName Tracker Software Products Ltd.
FileDescription pdfSaver for PDF-XChange 4.0
InternalName pdfSaver
FileVersion 4.0.0174.0000
OriginalFilename pdfSaver4
ProductVersion 4.0
LegalCopyright Copyright (C) 2001-2009 by Tracker Software Products Ltd.
LegalTrademarks Tracker Software Products Ltd.

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:02 pm

I decided to select the regular install. So I did it over the current Mitchell one. It now works so your update had corrected the issues. It also correctly entered all the company info./serial etc. for Mitchell so iI guess it is not a trial version install.

So will anyone from you company inform Mitchell about updating their software to correct these problems?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi,

Excellent news - many thanks !

We will indeed inform Mitchell - but can we ask you to also inform them as its always good when a client with a problem and a proven solution contacts as well :-)

Best regards
Tracker Support

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:38 pm

I have left a message with for their support to contact me so I can send them a link to this page. It is nice to be able and use my fax program again. Thanks for your help.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Pleased all is resolved and I have also sent a communication to our contact at Mitchell outlining the issue with a link to this thread also - so hopefully between us we can resolve for the benefit of all.

Many thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support

71SoCal
User

Post by 71SoCal » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi John,

I just wanted to confirm that it was the 187 version of the PDF driver that fixed this. The date (10/15/10) for the 187 driver release suggests that, but just wanted to double-check!

Thanks,
Mike (Mitchell Int'l)

Le_Gnome
User

Post by Le_Gnome » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm

The pdf version is 4.0.187.0
raster version is 1.10.56.0

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:56 am

Hello Le_Gnome and 71SoCal,

John is occupied with other things this week, so will most probably be unable to answer here, but I will try to see whether this was fixed with the current build.

Best,
Stefan