Can't Create Printer Object

Forum for end Users only - for Raster-XChange, convert any Windows document or image to a :
BMP,PNG, GIF, PBM, PGM, PPM, JBIG2, JPEG, JPEG2000, JNG, PCX, DCX, TGA, TIFF, WBMP.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

71SoCal
User

Can't Create Printer Object

Post by 71SoCal » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:53 pm

I just installed the Raster-XChange product.

When I generate a TIFF file as part of my standard printing routine, it works great.

When I try to generate a TIFF file as part of my standard print preview routine, it causes my code to go off into the weeds and crash. It appears that any attempt to create/initialize/touch the print driver object during this phase causes the application to crash. When I step through the driver creation code, the factory call works. On the next call to create the printer, I can't even get the call (or the raw call) to return. My code goes off into a call stack of painting operations that ends up crashing the app.

Normally I would suspect my print preview routine, but if I move the driver creation and initialization code to my mfc application class (it was previously in a statically linked dll), everything works correctly. Just the fact that I moved where the driver code runs makes the difference. I'm initializing exactly like the tracker sample code does.

Has anyone seen a problem like this? Any help would be appreciated.

Roman - Tracker Supp
Power User

Re: Can't Create Printer Object

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Please clarify. What specifically causes that crash? Does a drawing operation on the printer DC fails with crash or a call to RXC COM interface method?
Where is the point of the crash - in the system code or in yours? What is the exception code? Could you provide a crash dump?
What "phase" do you mean (in terms of interaction with the system or Raster-XChange printer)?

A complete working sample along with sources that allows to replicate this issue would be very helpful.
Tracker Software Products

Please ZIP any files uploaded to this forum or they will not be posted !
You may also use a RAR or 7Z archive format