Which pdf versions are supported in SDK V3 ?

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

rose
User

Which pdf versions are supported in SDK V3 ?

Post by rose » Mon May 09, 2005 2:29 am

Hi Support,

I purchased the PDF-XChange PRO 3 SDK last Saturday and installed it. But I have some problems like below.
1. I heard that PDF-XChange PRO 3 SDK support Acrobat6 version from
John Verbeenten.
But the product couldnot open my Acrobat version 6 file. Why does it
can not open it ? Please check my attachment.
2.When can i download the update version for supporting Acrobat7 ?
3.I want to get the source project file of pdfsaver3.exe. If can, i need
Delphi sample.

I'm a bit urgent and very thanks if you reply as soon as possible.
Attachments
Reader.zip
This is pdf verioon 6
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 90 times

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon May 09, 2005 6:28 am

Hi Rose,

PDF-XChange does indeed support all formats up to and including Format 1.5 (Acrobat 6 for the creation of new files) PDF-Tools SDK howver supports only up Format 1.4 (Acrobat 5) when working with existing files, until later this month when we release the free upgrade to Version 3.5 - this will include support up to and including the latest Format 1.6 (Acrobat 7) for all purposes.

With regards PDFSaver3.exe - this is not an open DLL and we provide no source for this (or any of our other DLL's) however if you are looking for a project that uses our Set of PDF drivers for Delphi - please see the installation folder:

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 3 SDK\Examples\APIExamples\DelphiExample

This assumes you installed to the default location - if I have misunderstood your request - please explain a little more clearly your needs and we will endeavour to help.

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

rose
User

Support open dlls for PDFSaver

Post by rose » Mon May 09, 2005 1:14 pm

Do you have a plan to support an open DLLs for PDFSaver3.exe ?
If you support, I hope develop my pdfsaver program having special user logics....
Also, I'm very thanks if you can support to change all attributes including PDF producer,Fast web view and pdf version of pdf file.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon May 09, 2005 2:10 pm

Hi Rose,

PDFsaver will not be an open DLL I am afraid.

We do intend to support Fast view and all PDF formats as stated - but we reserve the content of the PDF Producer field to contain our own product/Version and the Windows Version used to generate the file information (all useful when recognising issues reported) - you do have the ability however to modify the content of the 'PDF Creator' field.

Hope that helps.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com