converting pdf <--> BMP

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

shimonso
User

converting pdf <--> BMP

Post by shimonso » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:00 am

Hello

I am thinking of using your PDF-SDK, but I must purify
some concerns.

1) Can the SDK be used to convert a pdf page (text and image) to
a bitmap (one per page - where text and image are
now just image) ?

2) Can I create pdfs using bitmaps + "hidden" text on specific coordinates (so that when the user searches for a text, it will be found
beyond the "bitmap text". this text will be the bitmap after OCR done before)

Thanks,
Shimon

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:35 am

Hi Shimon,

Thanks for your interest:
1) Can the SDK be used to convert a pdf page (text and image) to
a bitmap (one per page - where text and image are
now just image) ?
At this time I am afraid not - your would need our TIFF-XChange Driver to achieve this by printing this to a TIFF-Fille and then using within Image-XChange - there is a VB showing how to do this in the evaluation download of the TIFF-XChange SDK available

However - once we release our PDF Viewer SDK you will be able to save a PDF as required to an Image format - this is around 1 month away from the initial beta release.
2) Can I create pdfs using bitmaps + "hidden" text on specific coordinates (so that when the user searches for a text, it will be found
beyond the "bitmap text". this text will be the bitmap after OCR done before)
You can indeed and they will be text searahcble if converted using hidden text as you describe.

Hope that helps
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com