Trouble printing Word doc to PDF

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

bvossler
User

Trouble printing Word doc to PDF

Post by bvossler » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:08 pm

I have an issue with printing a Word document. The header of one of the pages has some odd things happening.

We use the 2.5 SDK PDF printer driver to automate the conversion of Word documents to PDF. All is OK except that the header of one of the pages gets messed up. I tested the version 3.0 SDK and the same thing happened. Please look at the PDF's page 5. Page 5's header should say

MISSOURI
BENEFIT SCHEDULE

but it says:

MISSOURI
BENEFIT SCHEDULE
ENEFIT SCHEDULE

I have checked the original Word document and it looks fine (see attached DOC file). If I print it using your TIF printer it works fine. If I print it to a regular printer it works fine as well. I have been beating my head against the wall for 3 weeks on this. Any ideas what might be happening?

I forgot to mention that the Operating System being used is Windows XP (SP1 and SP2). The version of Word we are using is Word 2003 SP1.

Thanks,
Brad Vossler
Marex Group
Attachments
TEST.zip
(741.05 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:57 am

Hi Brad,

this problem is replicated - will endeavour to resolve in build 3.4078 due out next week.

However I am afraid nothing can be done with regards V2.x.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:48 am

Hi Brad,

spoke to soon as this is not our bug but Words - when the application is launched this way via an application command line as we do in this demo app.

We tried several other Virtual PDF Printer drivers with the same results as you/we have and all suffered the same issue.

The problem is also replicated when using a command line app from Word to TIFF-XChange (or any virtual driver) - so it is only when you print direct from Word to the driver - without using the API that you get correct results - this is true of both TIFF/PDF-XChange.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com