PXC_PlaceImage crash

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

cgrissom
User

PXC_PlaceImage crash

Post by cgrissom » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:18 pm

I added PDF-Xchange for generating PDFs into our code and I'm getting an intermittent crash where I use PXC_AddImageFromHBITMAP to add the image and PXC_PlaceImage to place the image. Unfortunately it is very intermittent so I cannot give you an exact sequence of steps to reproduce it. To date, we have 4 beta customers testing with the new code and it has crashed 3 times with them over 3 weeks and we have seen it in internal testing 1 time.

Is there any further information you need to try to track this down or have a method for me to determine why this is crashing?

Thanks,
Carmon Grissom

Here is the callstack for the crash when it occurs.
xccdx30.dll!1bcf76fd()
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded
for xccdx30.dll]
xccdx30.dll!1bcf8b17()
xccdx30.dll!1bcf8d5b()
xccdx30.dll!1bcf1d9e()
kernel32.dll!_VirtualAllocEx@20() + 0x47 bytes
pxclib30.dll!19bbbd8e()
pxclib30.dll!19bbb8f9()
pxclib30.dll!19bce0fb()
pxclib30.dll!19bc2b7a()
pxclib30.dll!19b8e85e()
ixclib30.dll!2534786d()
pxclib30.dll!19bcc0d2()
pxclib30.dll!19bd180a()

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PXC_PlaceImage crash

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi Carmen,

intermittent faults are as you can imagine always tough to trace - we would need to see some sample code (excluding your license info please) for a start and also can you advise if there is any common thread such as image format being converted etc ?

Finally are you using the latest V3 build ?

http://www.tracker-software.com/downloads/dev/
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

cgrissom
User

Post by cgrissom » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 pm

I am using the latest v3 build software, the versions from the files are:
dscrt30.dll v3.6.0.130
ixclib30.dll v3.6.0.130
pxclib30.dll v3.6.0.130
xccdx30.dll v3.6.0.130

As for sample code, the product that is using this is monolithic with various DLLs. I am working on simple sample code that has all the calls I'm making. If you have any debug code you'd like me to have our testers run with, please let me know.

Thanks,
Carmon

cgrissom
User

Post by cgrissom » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Enclosed is an example of how I'm using PDF Xchange to create the PDFs.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks,
Carmon
Attachments
PDFXchange_sample.zip
Visual Studio 2008 example code
(123.5 KiB) Downloaded 239 times

Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:28 pm

Hi. Cannot reproduce problem with provided sample. Both V4 and V3 dlls produce fine result (see attached), no crashes or any warnings. Maybe some special conditions needed?
Attachments
PDFExample.res.zip
(7.12 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.

cgrissom
User

Post by cgrissom » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:38 pm

Yeah, that's what I stated, it isn't a simple case of getting it to crash. We have one beta customer with the PDF Xchange that is doing over 300 or more and it has only crashed 2 times for them. We have been trying to track down a set of definable requirements to get the crash but to date, we have been unable to do that with MANY PDF generations.

I didn't know whether the crash call stack would help or not.

Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:43 am

I'm afraid that the call stack will not help - because the real problem may happen before.

All I can see in the sample - it has resources (4 GDI objects) and memory leaks. Please check your code for this - becuse if there is not enough memory or resources programs become unpredictable.

And please notify if you find a way to reproduce the problem (even if it will be required to run the program several times).
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.

cgrissom
User

Post by cgrissom » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:05 pm

OK, I have cleaned up our software and can reliably get this to happen. I even tried the v4 version to see if that was still causing it.

If you need our software to replicate this, please let me know. Also, if you have debugging information and would like me to replicated it, just let me know as well.

Thanks.

Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:49 am

Best case - is small test application which reproduce problem (both .exe and source code is best). Also please provide all required files and instructions how to reproduce (if any).
You may post here, attach to a private message or send to lazycat@tracker-software.com
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager