Text Underlining

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

Harish.potru
User

Text Underlining

Post by Harish.potru » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi,
I'm using PDFXChange SDK 3.6.0.120. I need to write an underlined string to the pdf.
Which method can be used to set the font to underlined?

Thanks,
Harish.

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Text Underlining

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:21 am

I'm afraid it is impossible. Underlining isn't a font's property, just a method how to draw text. You will need to draw line under the text you need to underline.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

Harish.potru
User

Post by Harish.potru » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks for the support.

So, In PDFXChange we cannot set the text to bold underline. right? If we need to underline the text, then we need to draw a line below the text i.e. on next line.

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:31 pm

Yes, you need to underline the text manually.
Can you say which function do you use for drawing the text ?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

Harish.potru
User

Post by Harish.potru » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:33 pm

I use PXC_TextOutW to output the text to pdf.