Can't append files using latest upgrade

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

cmay
User

Can't append files using latest upgrade

Post by cmay » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:08 am

Last week I upgraded PDFSKPRO from version 3.4.0.71 to 3.6.0.130. Using the old version, my program worked great for appending files printed in sequence. Now that no longer works. If I print several files in succession, only the last one printed appears in the resulting pdf file.

As before, I use the following code (in VB6):
Call objPDFXC.SetParamStr(0, "Save.WhenExists", "Append")
to set up the program for appending the prints into a single PDF. Note that I have changed nothing else in my program when switching between the 2 versions.

What could have happened? Are there code changes required when upgrading between the 2 versions? I didn’t receive any help file regarding this. I heard about a help file called xcpro35.chm . Is this the file that relates to what I am doing? If so, where do I find it?

Our original order # was U9291260. The product is being used on Win XP.

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:58 am

Can you send us your sample code ?
And please try sample VB which is included into installation.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

cmay
User

Post by cmay » Fri May 02, 2008 6:51 am

I'll try doing this myself for now. The problem is that I can't find a Help (.chm) file for the Driver ActiveX API so I'm kind of in the dark. I need to know more about commands like: Call objPDFXC.SetParamStr(0, "Save.WhenExists", "Append") as well as the Methods in general. Can you send me the appropriate Help files to assist me while using the VB COM example.

Also, whenever I use a debugger stop, the Save As dialog appears, which is a problem in trying to watch the flow. Any way to prevent the dialog from coming up while debugging?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri May 02, 2008 11:00 am

Hi,

The Help files/manual are called :

Drv_Api.chm

I attach the CHM here to ensure you have.
Attachments
Drv_Api.zip
(38.73 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com