Installation fails

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

marisoft
User

Installation fails

Post by marisoft » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:22 am

HI,

Downloaded and attempted to install PDF-Xchange Pro (latest build) on top of current installation in Clarion 6.2.
This fails with the message "There was an installation error. Installation will be aborted".

Clean installation of the Clarion 5.5 template works OK as well as clean installation of 6.2.

Must I uninstall before installation ?

Cheers,
.::Poul Jensen::.

Clarion developer

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:09 am

Hi Poul,

I cannot see any logical reason in the script for this - are you installing just the PDF-Tools elements - or the driver as well ?

Could I ask you to uncheck the driver intall option and try this please.

If this functions ok - try deleting the driver manually (from the printers list) and restarting your system - then try the full install.

The driver was recently converted to a 'solid' one in which all the incidental dll's are linked statically wthin the driver to the primary driver .exe and dll's - so that in future you can update the PDF-Tools SDK and dll's without having to update the driver - this often caused version conflicts in the past - and many support issues.

However you would need to search the entire local drive (Particuarly your Windows folders) and remove any old versions of our primary dll's as listed in the help file for distribution or you would get version conflicts this one time.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

marisoft
User

Post by marisoft » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:36 pm

Tried selecting one or the other option without any change.

Uninstalling and installing did the job.

Clarion developer

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:19 pm

Hi Poul,

We cannot replicate that here - and have had no such other problems - can I assume you are ok having done the uninstall/install ?
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

marisoft
User

Post by marisoft » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:27 am

Yes I am OK.
Thank you.

Clarion developer

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:39 am

Thanks Poul.

Best regards
Tracker Support