VB Problems

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

steptoe
User

VB Problems

Post by steptoe » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:35 pm

Hi Guys,
I've just downloaded the latest SDK for non-clarion users (VB in this case). and im having a whole heap of hassle getting the demos to work. i guess the demos have not been changed in years as they seem to refer to a dll that is not ship anymore. can anyone help me. all i need is a a vb module with the correct prototypes..e.g.

Public Declare Function PDFXCp_Init Lib "xcpro35" () As Long
Public Declare Function PDFXCp_InitEx Lib "xcpro35" (ByVal key As String, ByVal DevCode As String) As Long

please note that i have change xcpro30 to xcpro35

plase help,
there is nothing and i mean nothing more anoning than downloading a demo version of a product and then having to take the bloody thing apart to get it to work

Regards
Steptoe

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:05 pm

Hi,

Could you please advise in which location this demo app is located so that I can have it checked - there is a current and I believe correct XCPRO35 demo app for VB located in the folder :

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 3 SDK\Examples\SDKExamples\VBExamples\XCPro35_Demo

I suspect an older and redundant demo app has been left in place which is no longer required.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

steptoe
User

Post by steptoe » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:39 pm

Hi, and thanks

I have tried the "C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 3 SDK\Examples\SDKExamples\VBExamples\XCPro35_Demo" and it wont work because...surprise surprise there is a missing prototype for

Public Declare Function PXCp_PlaceContents Lib "xcpro35" (ByVal destDoc As Long, ByVal sourceDoc As Long, ByVal OverLayCount As Long, ByRef placeInfo As PXCp_ContentPlaceInfo, ByVal flags As Long) As Long

and there is no definition for PXCp_ContentPlaceInfo

come on guys this really is not good enough

Regards
Steptoe

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:19 pm

This was dealt with a few days ago and if you review recent posts the answer is provided.

The revised demo app will be uploaded early next week with the next new build.

Here is the revised prototype as advised in a previous thread.

Public Declare Function PXCp_PlaceContents Lib "xcpro35" (ByVal destDoc As Long, ByVal sourceDoc As Long, ByVal OverLayCount As Long, ByRef placeInfo As PXCp_ContentPlaceInfo, ByVal flags As Long) as Long.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com