Adding Elements to existing PDF pages

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

rodweb
User

Adding Elements to existing PDF pages

Post by rodweb » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:50 am

I want to process a PDF file sequentially, parse some text on each PDF page, look up some data tables and write data back on the page. Presently, I extract the data to a Memory table for all pages and then use Fomin Report Builder to create a PDF file for each page. I then I overlay the Report PDF file on the original file. I am concerned about the data getting out of step and the wrong overlay ends up on a page. Is there a way to process one page at a time to eliminate this risk?

I will have up to 60,000 pages to process per weekly batch. These pages are mailed out and the process is mission critical.

Thanks in anticipation

Rod Webster

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:04 pm

Hi Rod,

If (and thats a big if) I understand your process correctly - then there is no specific option in PDF-Tools to assist you - your problem is more one of application logic than anything PDF-Tools specifically is going to be able to assist with - it cannot help you ensure you have your data output sequenced correctly.

Also I suspect outputting a single page at a time could make the process extremely slow.

I am not 100% sure why you also think data getting out of step could be an issue - as long as the data is prepared correctly it will be written sequentially to the specific pages as required - I honestly dont think writing one page at a time will help - unless you intend to present each page to screen for checking etc - and this would be just as likely to fail through user boardom as anything else.

If I have misunderstood please do feel free to come back - a sample app is always a better way to express the problem if possible.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com